What's new

Dime Day

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Searched $825.00 in handrolled dimes today and got 7 Rosies. Went all over the place looking for dime boxes but could not get any. I may try again tomorrow.
HH
Rich
 
Upvote 0
pretty good, almost 1 per 100 bucks worth. but no wonder you want to quit, you go at it full speed and tellers don't cooperate, no boxes thats bs no? they just don't want to go to the vault. i would love to go at it but i can't be motivated to dump :(
 
Rich, I search in Chicago, and usually average one silver Roosevelt dime per sealed $250 box. I have probably searched over 10 boxes since I began crh'ing about 2 years ago, and have only been skunked twice. Still haven't found a Barber dime or mercury dime though. Oldest silver dime finds have been a few '46 Roosies. Best dime box I ever searched yielded 3 silver Roosies.
 
Clad the Impaler said:
Rich, I search in Chicago, and usually average one silver Roosevelt dime per sealed $250 box. I have probably searched over 10 boxes since I began crh'ing about 2 years ago, and have only been skunked twice. Still haven't found a Barber dime or mercury dime though. Oldest silver dime finds have been a few '46 Roosies. Best dime box I ever searched yielded 3 silver Roosies.

Clad,
You will get the Mercs and maybe even Barbers searching boxes. You have to do a lot more than 10 boxes though.
I like your name "Clad the Impaler" :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
I like your name "Clad the Impaler" :laughing7:
HH
Rich
[/quote]

I agree.......cracks me up each time I see it......
 
Nice score for the $, Rich! I only search dimes because of all the variety, i've found that the banks only keep enough dimes (boxes) on hand as not to short themselves. I tend to ask for the hand-rolled first, even though my finds are the same whether h-r or boxes. After searching about $100k worth in h-r, still waiting for that solid silver roll, lol! ffd
 
Watch out for 2010 dime boxes.....they are popping up in the East like crazy!

Came across (and rejected) my sixth box of nothing but 2010's today.

HH,
cuttybce
 
I know you guys love halves, but if you can't get halves, or want a break, do dimes!!
 
dave5710 said:
I know you guys love halves, but if you can't get halves, or want a break, do dimes!!
as of late, ive been tired of getting skunked on halves, so i now mix in some boxes of dimes so i dont get completely skunked.
keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom