What's new

Dimes, Nickels, Pennies

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12-26-08 I got a box of each dimes, nickels, and pennies

Dimes- 1946-D, 1956-D, 1963-D, 1964-D--Looks brand new!!

War Nickels- 1942-P, 1942-S :D

Pennies- 1911, 1929, 1941, 1942, 1950-S, 1951-D, 1958-D(2)

Pre 1960 Nickels- 1939, 1940-S, 1940, 1941-S, 1941(2), 1946, 1947-D, 1947, 1948-D, 1949, 1951-D, 1951
1954-D, 1954, 1957-D(2), 1957, 1958-D(2) 1959-D(4)

I was very happy finding my first War nickels while CRH!! best of luck to everyone! Ill attach some pics as soon as i get my camera back from a friend
 
Upvote 0
Awesome job bud, great haul!!!!! Arn't you glad you tried CRH'ng? ;D
 
is the 41s nic a large mint mark?

HH
-GC
 
Coltdavis, Those are some great finds. You did very well on the dimes. Also isnt great to find silver war nickels. I love finding them they are one of my favorite finds. Keep up the good work.





goldencoin said:
is the 41s nic a large mint mark?

HH
-GC
Hey GC, Is the '41s A special coin? Just wondering why you are asking if it is a nic a date mint mark. So far CRH about 3 months I have 7 '41S's.

Thanks,
Jason
 
Shake-N-Bake said:
Coltdavis, Those are some great finds. You did very well on the dimes. Also isnt great to find silver war nickels. I love finding them they are one of my favorite finds. Keep up the good work.





goldencoin said:
is the 41s nic a large mint mark?

HH
-GC
Hey GC, Is the '41s A special coin? Just wondering why you are asking if it is a nic a date mint mark. So far CRH about 3 months I have 7 '41S's.

Thanks,
Jason

There were two varities of the 1941-S ...small S and large S....the large S is harder to find.
 
goldencoin said:
is the 41s nic a large mint mark?

HH
-GC


I checked the mint mark and it looks the same as any other S nickel i have found. Thanks for the heads up though, o and when u say large do you mean large like the war nickel mark or is it just bigger then normal?
 
coltdavis said:
goldencoin said:
is the 41s nic a large mint mark?

HH
-GC


I checked the mint mark and it looks the same as any other S nickel i have found. Thanks for the heads up though, o and when u say large do you mean large like the war nickel mark or is it just bigger then normal?

If the S is the same size as 1946 through 1954 it is the large mintmark variety....if it is the same size as 1938 through 1940 it is the small mintmark variety.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom