What's new

Diming

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
With halves producing rather poorly the last several months, I've extended my CRHing to dimes and nickels as well; to help complete those denomination's Whitmans.

With dimes though, I don't think I've ever found a single keeper in the plastic sleeve rolls; only the paper machine rolls. It's almost as though employees at the coin rolling companies are checking the plastic sleeves before they're boxed (conspiracy theorist that I am 8) ) I'm finding a fair amount of keeper dimes of late, but they are all from paper machine rolls.

Anyone else experiencing the same results ?
 
Upvote 0
Not that i do a lot of dimes but i got a 1862 dime from a plastic roll.
 
I have managed to average about 1 roosie per box of clear wrapped machine rolled dimes. I have only gone through about 10 boxes though, so my average could be quite skewed in the long haul. 3 of the 10 were skunks, but one of the boxes had 3 roosies tucked away in it. I have yet to find the paper machine wrapped rolls in my area. Hope this helps.

KEverett
 
Sadness overcomes me when I receive clear wrapped dimes. Paper wrapped, on the other hand, ROCK So far this year, my average is 1 per $125, and 1 skunker out of 25 boxes. ffd
 
I did a box of clear wrapped tonight and another $250.00 in customer hand wrapped. I was stoked on the customer wraps due to being from a one bank town, 7 different types of handwrapped rolls, very worn looking and lots of tape. Usually do great on those. Of course i get skunked on the customer roles, and the clear machine wraps produce 4 keeper rosies. Go figure.
 
thurm, Great idea to branch out. Halves will still be there later but getting some dimes can be a good change. Nickels are a little more time consuming because it is for me harder to spot the war nickels etc. You should have some better luck but do higher quantities.

golden silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom