What's new

dino tracks in rock info ?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
19,212
Reaction score
12,630
Golden Thread
1
Location
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dino tracks in rock info ?

Some years ago while hunting Indian artifacts up in the mountains there was a large rock about the size of a small house that had tumbled down a gorge.I climbed to the top for a veiw and noticed what looked like tracks in the mountain stone. It was a single animal looked to be walking upright on two legs. I wondered then if it might be tracks. Am a good tracker and woodsman just not in stone LOL. I think I could travel back one day for pics. Could this be possible? as the large boulder broke away from the main outcropping and tumbled hundreds of yards down the ravine. Oh yeah it was on Carters mtn Tn.
Thanks,
TnMountains
 
Re: dino tracks in rock info ?

There are dino tracks in Texas, would love to see pics when
you get a chance...
The tracks are from Glen Rose, Texas.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3320-2.webp
    100_3320-2.webp
    98.8 KB · Views: 490
Re: dino tracks in rock info ?

I know thats what they are..Its killing me. Have wanted to go back to the spot for twenty years since I saw that. I am sure that is what it was. It is a pretty long day journey but would love to get pics of them.
Thanks everyone
TnMountains
 
Re: dino tracks in rock info ?

fossil_femme said:
TnMtns, if u go back, please post some pics for us!

Yes ma'am will do :icon_sunny:
 
Re: dino tracks in rock info ?

Mosasaurfiend said:
Here is a site that has more pics of dino tracks for you that are interested.
The track I took a photo was near the park in Glen Rose..

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/dvsp.htm

I keep second guessing what I saw long ago. Here in Tenn we did not have much volcanic activity... plus our top layer is sandstone. This was on a giant boulder that had tumbled down a ravine near some indian shelters i was hunting. I did not know enough about rocks or such things to know what I was seeing. Guess the only way is to go over there one day and find and photo.
Thank you for the link.
TnMountains
 
it is very possible they are dinosaur tracks !

its either T-REX or Acrocanthosaurus two of the largest dinosaurs carnivores T-REX was born in late Cretaceous Acro was the biggest baddest carnivore in the early to mid cretaceous and he was one big meany he had a small spine or crest on the back he looked like a small spinosaurus
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom