Dis is meh...

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Well, I guess I have posted enough here to show my ugly mug. The photo was taken with the old Nikon FM 35mm pointed into a mirror. I flipped the image in photoshop so "Nikon" would not be backwards. I used Fuji 400 film - my old standby. Processing and scanning performed by my local WalMart...

hombre.jpg

Nice to meet you all.

hombre, I meant to tell you the other day, I love that pic!
You should also go b/w with that, that'd look cool too!

Nicely done Hombre :icon_thumleft:, classic Nikon, takes me back :laughing7:

hammered

That camera is a baby compared to my 1948-1951 "Exacta" 35mm.. Ja, they made them good in Germany :thumbsup:

I'm impressed! Not everyone is detail-oriented enough to flop their pic just to be sure the camera name shows correctly.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice job!
And you may have a relic in your had with that camera as they are getting to the point were you can not get film
or get it developed .

Thanks for the comments.

I still shoot 35mm film and I love old camera equipment. I also shoot Super 8 movie film on a Nikon camera as well. I just sold two Canon F-1's recently.

Even though digital is absolutely KILLING film right now, there still exists the "hardcore" group of film people out there. Some folks still use cameras like Brownies and Rangefinders. I still love the grain that can only be had by using film.

Yes photography is a great hobby. I hate using ASA 400 film, even in darkened areas I'll go with a flash. For outdoor shots I still love ASA 64, but will also settle for ASA 100. A very little pin on the film re-winder broke, and will cost at least $200 to repair as part are nearly impossible to get. I also have a ton of adapters, lenses, filters, you name it, I have it... Sad thing is I haven't used any of my cameras in years because of the ease of digital cameras.

So your German camera is in need of repair? Sorry to hear. I know I can barely find anyone to work on my old camera stuff, even to perform simple tasks like replacing foam seals. I totally agree w/the ease of use of digital. I use my little Kodak point and shoot much more than my 35mm, but for country drives, vacations, ect. I still like to break out the old Nikon. The anticipation of receiving back a developed roll of film creates a very nostalgic feeling for me. The anger and frustration of over/under exposure and poor focus is also a blast from the past as well!

The film I usually shoot nowadays is:

Kodak Tri-X 400
Kodak BW CN400
Kodak Ektar 100
Kodak Ektachrome 200
Fuji Velvia 50 and 100

I get the film processed and scanned to CD so I can mess with the pics in Photoshop.

Much like the counterculture backlash against iPods and mp3's that has spawned the current vinyl record craze, analog photography is making a real comeback as of late. There is a website called Lomography dedicated to photos taken with cameras like the Diana F+, the Holga, Polaroid Instant cameras, and the old Russian LOMO LCA. Grain and light leaks are actually desirable for those folks.

I just sold 38 rolls of expired Kodachrome 64 on flea-bay. I don't even think you can have it developed any longer, but for some reason people still buy the hell out of it. Also sold 3 old packs of Polaroid SX-70 instant film as well. They don't manufacture SX-70 film anymore either.

That is what's best about our cameras, we can play with speed and F stops and try to fool the shooting environment.

spartacus53 said:
That is what's best about our cameras, we can play with speed and F stops and try to fool the shooting environment.

Yup. Whereas my digital point and makes all the decisions for me, the fully manual Nikon FM lets me control depth of field, ect. I'm all for the comeback of film. Maybe the fact that silver is used in film can drive the price of my bullion back up! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back