What's new

Disconnecting shaft on Minelab Equinox 800

OBXmetalDet

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
381
Reaction score
281
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to disconnect the upper shaft, but I can't disconnect/unscrew the power shaft. I was able to twist the connector (red box), but I just can't twist the shaft above and below the connector.

After I unscrew the shafts I want to take the upper shaft and push it downward to shorten the overall length.

1. How can I unscrew both poles from each other? I tried WD-40 and that didn't work.

2. If this doesn't work, is it possible to buy a whole new set of shafts WITH a hip mount to replace what I currently have?

3. If I bought these, is it possible to connect only the 1st and 2nd shaft to shorten the overall length for scuba diving?
 
Last edited:
I managed to disconnect the upper shaft, but I can't disconnect/unscrew the power shaft...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Until a member(s) jump in - you might consider posting your question on EQUINOX > 600/800 for additional exposure...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom