What's new

Discouraged TNetter...but heres some given to me.

ashleysflyr

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
516
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

Well fellow T Netters,
It's been a long day. I got up this morning and went for my regular run. The weather was amazing. I was excited because it has been few and far between nice days, and I haven't gotten to hunt a whole day yet. I figured...today is my day! So I went to the 1880's farmhouse to "clean" some iron out from the front yard. Usually when I "clean" a sight (including this one) I find some cool stuff (buckles, horse shoes, etc...) NOT today. Nothing worthwhile. Some .22 shells, a few .223, a square head, and a million little iron whatzits and nails. I am not even going to mention the pull tabs. The ladies cleaning the cans out of the trash dump 100 yards away made $90 today, I found one post 1982 zinc penny. That's discouraging. Anyway, I don't want to bring you all down with me, but you are TNet family...so I am venting to family...It got so bad today that I left the farmhouse and went to a city park to pull clad! To make things worse, some recent high school grads thought they would pick fun of the kid with the metal detector (that is, until I took the hoody off that makes me look 12, lost he ball cap, and pulled out my 12" long, serrated blade to cut a plug). That's what kind of day I had...In 7 hours of hunting I found $0.57 in clad...and that's it.
OKay, that's enough whining for now. Tomorrow is another day, and I will be visiting a house built in mid to late 1800's and last occupied in 1995. Got a lot of history there. The farm comes right up to the back door. Might even go to the little ghost town up the road a ways...We shall see...
So, I decided to post these 6 coins, the I found the 1899 Indian Head in my front yard my first real day of hunting. The rest were given to me by my mother after I got my MD. She found them in the register at work...Thanks for looking folks, and for the encouragement. Here they are...

1899 IH 1902 IH 1937 D Merc 1942 D Merc 1942 Merc and a 1936 D Buff (just one year off)
coins obverse.webp
coins reverse.webp

You are all great...thanks!
P.S. Looks like that 42 merc on the right got decked by one of you fellas that found it :P

~Tom
 
Upvote 0
Re: Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

Its funny theres a stigma that all mDers are old farts with nothing better to do with there time .There are a lot of young people involved in this hobby and I welcome it . What i do is when i get the  smirks from people and smart A$$  ??? ???   remarks ,I shown them a 9.9 gold nugget diamond ring I  found That I wear on my right hand , That shuts  them Up  right  quick... all the  crap  stops  right  there .I normally don't show my finds to anyone on the beach But when people start acting like idiots I can't help myself. .. HH guzz1
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0012.webp
    IMG_0012.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 294
Re: Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

~Tom, there is nothing wrong with being discouraged after a rotten hunt. It happens to us all. Just don't stay that way! :violent1: :D As for those jerks making fun of you.....piss on them! :wink:

I think if I where you I'd bring "mom" home some wild flowers next time I was out.
 
Re: Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

Bad days make for better days!!! But only if you persevere! :)

Keep swinging!
GRB
 
Re: Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

Tom,

As others have said, "don't let one bad day ruin your chances of that ONE GOOD DAY!"

BTW, those are some sweet finds your mother found at work...I do alot of TILL HUNTING at work and since January...found a few Buffalos and Silver Dimes (all Rosies)....and recently, for some strange reason...we have gotton 3 Silver Quarters come through in a weeks time (1946, and two 1964's)....I have them all!!! Oh, and a few War Nickels also. So ... regardless if you find them in the ground or in pocket change or the till...it's there for the finding!!

As for the PUNKS that think it's fun to make fun of others....as someone said...PISS ON THEM!! I get heckled on the beach from time to time....and I have my headphones on and they think I CAN NOT hear them...LOL....they shut up pretty quick when I respond to them!!! But I continue and go my merry way....I ignore their childess behavior....

Enjoy and you will have a great day coming up. Send me a PM of the area you are in...these are the newspapers I can research that I have available to me...maybe I can find something near you that you can try....

Not all dates will be there...but this is what has been done so far for posting these....I am sure I can find something for you.

Let me know in PM...k?

Have a wonderfuly hunting day,
Annmarie

Publication - City - State - Year - Date Range

Capital Daily News - Jefferson City - Missouri - 1970
Daily Capital News Jefferson City Missouri 1937 - 1977
Daily Capital News and Post-Tribune Jefferson City Missouri 1931 - 1933
Jefferson City Post-Tribune Jefferson City Missouri 1929 - 1977
News and Tribune, The Jefferson City Missouri 1933 - 1977

Chillicothe Constitution - Chillicothe - Missouri - 1889 - 1928
Chillicothe Constitution Tribune - Chillicothe - Missouri - 1930 - 1985
Chillicothe Weekly Constitution Chillicothe Missouri 1902 - 1920
Constitution Tribune Chillicothe Missouri 1927 - 2006

Daily Missouri Democrat St Louis Missouri 1862
Missouri Gazette Public Advertiser St Louis Missouri 1822
Missouri Republican St Louis Missouri 1823 - 1824
St Louis Republican, The St Louis Missouri 1874
Weekly Missouri Democrat St Louis Missouri 1864

Joplin Daily Globe, The Joplin Missouri 1898 - 1913
Joplin Globe Joplin Missouri 1915 - 1958

Maryville Daily Forum, The Maryville Missouri 1940 - 1955

Magic City Free Press Moberly Missouri 1970 - 1974
Moberly Daily Index Moberly Missouri 1916 - 1919
Moberly Daily Monitor Moberly Missouri 1903 - 1916
Moberly Daily Monitor-Index Moberly Missouri 1919
Moberly Democrat Moberly Missouri 1899 - 1923
Moberly Evening Democrat Moberly Missouri 1899 - 1923
Moberly Monitor Moberly Missouri 1906
Moberly Monitor-Index Moberly Missouri 1919 - 1977
Moberly Morning Monitor Moberly Missouri 1906 - 1916
Moberly Semi-Weekly Monitor Moberly Missouri 1906 - 1916
Moberly Weekly Democrat Moberly Missouri 1906 - 1911
Moberly Weekly Monitor Moberly Missouri 1899 - 1932
Monitor-Index and Evening Democrat Moberly Missouri 1971
Semi-Weekly Monitor, The Moberly Missouri 1916

Daily Democrat Sedalia Missouri 1871 - 1873
Sedalia Daily Democrat Sedalia Missouri 1874 - 1925
Sedalia Democrat, The Sedalia Missouri 1949 - 1950
Sedalia Weekly Democrat, The Sedalia Missouri 1949

Sikeston Herald, The Sikeston Missouri 1936 - 1960
 
Re: Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

we all get a bit discouraged every now and then, and you did the right thing by thinking about tomorrow. it may be the best day ever for you...
 
Re: Discouraged TNetter...but here's some given to me.

Everyone has good days and bad days! For me just getting out of the house and hunting is a good day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom