What's new

Discovered Another Ghost Town!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,878
Reaction score
47,422
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading about something totally unrelated and there was mention of a small stamp built next to the railroad in 1879 in the vicinity of what I was reading about.
After being cooped up in the house for several days of crummy weather, it was finally sunny and warm, so I went in search of the place.
It took a little while to locate it, but I finally did.
The place has clearly been detected hard, but I managed a few keepers.
I will definitely be going back!
IMG_0250.webp


The little rod with the hoop is a watch chain keeper and is marked "Draper's Best". I need to get it into the electrolysis bath (I just now realized what it is).
The suspender buckle is one I haven't seen before and has an unusual type of construction.
Both of the 4 hole metal buttons are new to me also.
The insulator was just barely showing and with all the broken glass present I'm not even sure why I noticed it (wish I had taken an in situ pic of it!).
IMG_0251.webp
IMG_0253.webp
IMG_0252.webp
 
Upvote 24
I was reading about something totally unrelated and there was mention of a small stamp built next to the railroad in 1879 in the vicinity of what I was reading about.
After being cooped up in the house for several days of crummy weather, it was finally sunny and warm, so I went in search of the place.
It took a little while to locate it, but I finally did.
The place has clearly been detected hard, but I managed a few keepers.
I will definitely be going back!
View attachment 2229776

The little rod with the hoop is a watch chain keeper and is marked "Draper's Best". I need to get it into the electrolysis bath (I just now realized what it is).
The suspender buckle is one I haven't seen before and has an unusual type of construction.
Both of the 4 hole metal buttons are new to me also.
The insulator was just barely showing and with all the broken glass present I'm not even sure why I noticed it (wish I had taken an in situ pic of it!).
View attachment 2229777View attachment 2229778View attachment 2229779
I'm so glad I live in Nevada. We have so many places to spend a pleasant time. You did a great job there, my friend. I hope we can go detecting together soon.
 
I'm so glad I live in Nevada. We have so many places to spend a pleasant time. You did a great job there, my friend. I hope we can go detecting together soon.
We will my friend!
 
Nice selection of finds, they sure clean up nicely.
That's sure a small bell.
That's actually a metal ball button! Miguel found a bunch of those a few weeks ago and I'd never seen them before.
 
Congrats !! On your new area !! My late brother and I found a small ghost town in our area that we didn't know about for like 35 years. When we found it, it was literally untouched, we found coins,tokens,gun,etc,etc. I doubt I will ever make it back there so I'm going to turn digginthe1 onto it,and hopefully him and his son will clean out what we didn't ☺
 
Nice sleuthing, followed up on, and shared with us!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom