What's new

Discovered this 2o yrs ago, any Thoughts?

TJE

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
1,159
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, this stone stuck out like a sore thumb, totally outta place..the only flat stone on a riverbank of thousands of round 'river-stone' in Northern Alberta foothills..(eastside of the Rockies). My first thought when I examined it..'looks like a stone tool.. ax/hachet'. Any knowledge is appreciated.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 2013-11-02 15.21.08.webp
    2013-11-02 15.21.08.webp
    81 KB · Views: 116
  • 2013-11-02 15.23.25.webp
    2013-11-02 15.23.25.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 2013-11-02 15.30.55.webp
    2013-11-02 15.30.55.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 2013-11-02 15.21.50.webp
    2013-11-02 15.21.50.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 2013-11-02 15.21.37.webp
    2013-11-02 15.21.37.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 2013-11-02 15.30.05.webp
    2013-11-02 15.30.05.webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
From what I can see, I think it just natural stone. sorry HH
 
@ TJE you need to take your photos outside and not use the flash. Cant see a thing with those pictures.
 
@ TJE you need to take your photos outside and not use the flash. Cant see a thing with those pictures.
Thanks for the tip R.
 
It could be a small grinding type of a Metate for all I know but it just looks like a rock in that pic.
 
In photo's 4 and 5, is the bottom flat and smooth? From what I can tell from these photos is that your item is just an ordinary ''out of place'' rock. Thanks for sharing!
 
In photo's 4 and 5, is the bottom flat and smooth? From what I can tell from these photos is that your item is just an ordinary ''out of place'' rock. Thanks for sharing!
Ha!....here I threw it in a box old digger...then 14yrs ago...gave it free ride across Canada! ;) heh heh heh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom