Discovery 1100 7 1/4" Coil on a Discovery 3300????? Should I bother?????

Davisdog

Jul 18, 2006
Spanaway, WA
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300
Discovery 1100 7 1/4" Coil on a Discovery 3300????? Should I bother?????

This was also posted on the Bounty Hunter Site, but there is so much spam there that it was at the top of the forum for less than 1/2 a day.

Howdy all,

I had my Discovery 3300 out to the local trash pit yesterday (actually it's a park, but it's hard to tell the difference based on what comes out of the ground.)

Some of the areas where I'm confident there are old coins are so loaded with trash it's hard to get a good signal. That got me thinking about a smaller coil. I really want the 4" coil, but I can't swing it right now (pun intended.)

I do have a Discovery 1100 that hardly ever gets used. Would it be worth my while to put that coil on the 3300? Would the 3/4" difference matter enough to be noticed?

Thanks for any advice on this matter.

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
Re: Discovery 1100 7 1/4" Coil on a Discovery 3300????? Should I bother?????

I have ended up with every bounty hunter model from buying returns at the factory outlet store. I don't have a 4 inch coil either but I tried putting the 1100 coil on my 3300 and it worked but It just seem to lose some depth I couldn't really see a difference on a trashy area. I just try turning down the sensititivy and dig up all the trash I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread