Discriminating out the Garbage?

L

Lodlow

My situation is precarious; I detect under salt water conditions, 5-10 fathoms; I have too many wrecks, ~50, near completely rusted out wrecks within a 2mile coastline, literally on top of one another. There is rusty metal littered along the floor everywhere, thus too much metal to look through. Nearly all these wrecks are 100 years or much older. There are many finds even without a detctor; Are there any MD's with discriminators, that work well enough, that will help me seach through this mess for the goodies? Excalibur 1000??? 1280-X?? Garrett Infinium with its API tech??

Ludlow (the terrible)

Upvote 0
I am a diver and have done some wreck diving also. What I learned is a PI detector is very deep and finds iron like there was no tommorrow. I have had my best seccess with the Excal 1000 because of the iron mask and it still will locate a ring under a railroad spike. I know trash is a problem due to the amount of time to expose it, but some of the stuff is worth it's weight in blondes. I have gotten much $$$ for anchors, portholes, etc. Till techology finds a detector that only reports on gold, we mostly gotta dig up everything.

Tip, Hookah allows you to stay down longer without decompression at those depths and this allows longer search times.

I aggree with Sandman the iron mask on the Excalibur is the big plus. The Pi machines might go slightly deeper but dont discriminate iron out well. The better PI machines with discrimination are the Garrett Infinium and the Garrett Sea Hunter 2, but these do not discriminate as well as the Excalibur.Seeya Neilo ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back