Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
if you are in coin mode you will probably not find gold rings. try the jewelry setting or better yet, run it wide open and only notch out the last two segments on the left. that way you are only discriminating out iron. you will dig a lot of trash this way but you also wont miss much. also remember, the more discrim you use, the less depth you will get.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Thank you. I am still learning the Ace250 and any help I can get I greatly appreciate it. I have found a few old coins with it but I don't want to miss out on anything of value.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the ACE 250 is a really great machine for the $$. i really like mine. now if i can only pry it out of my brothers hands! he has taken a liking to it too, and since i have other machines to use i will probably never see it again! lol

KINGPULLTAB

May 8, 2007
VALRICO FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 1000-QUATTRO-SE X-TERRA 70-ACE 250
If you want to know all about the ace 250 email ([email protected]) or go to youtube and type in crackbadger or ace 250 and watch the videos. This will be a big help to you. He will tell you same thing I will, go back to the factory settings, hunt in the jewelry mode with the sens on 3-4 and dig every signal. Over time you will get to know your machine. The ace 250 is great and I use mine all the time to skim the top for new drops. We have all the top minelab products and still use the ace first when we hit a new area. I was out today and never took my SE out of the truck. My 9 yo and I were having a blast finding new clad and jewelry on a beach just outside the Tampa airport.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING --- KINGPULLTAB

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Thanks,

The video was pretty helpful. I never even thought to look at youtube. Thanks for the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread