Disney Vacation

M

medic minded

Hello all I will be traveling with family to Disney at end of July. I am an avid md'er in new york and well I am looking for some solo non Disney time alone.. I will not want to travel to far maybe 30-45 mins from disney resort area. Anyone with info I would really apreciate it Thanks Alot

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several beaches, Daytona, and Cocoa, Melbourne that are fairly close 45-50 miles off that are fun.

I haven't found any good relic sites, but then again I haven't looked that much. I am an avid beach hunter. Guess I'm either old or lazy, or probably a little of both, it's a lot easier to dig in that wet sand then the packed ground. I would hunt a good site if I knew there was a good chance of some old relics.

There are a lot of city and county parks in the area. Let me know which parks you want to hit and I will check them out the week before for you to see if there is anything there to find. ;D Just kidding, if I can help you in any way, PM me and I will send you my contact numbers. I live in Orlando...

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
We visited the land of the mouse last year.

Although we spent a couple days HQ'd at Cocoa Beach. Straight east of Disney, driving there was no problem at all.
I would suggest planning on the McLarity Museum (admission $1.00) and ask them where the best spots are to hunt. The museum is well worth the admission and the free advice ain't bad either (WARNING-it'll get the MD blood boiling strong).

There is clad & jewelry along Cocoa Beach & Daytona Beach - plan on some early morning/late night hunts to beat the locals, beyond that I can't offer much else. Look at the tide schedules and plan accordingly. MD'ing is permitted on almost all the beaches, look for signs prohibiting MD'ing. Do not MD on the dunes, vegetation areas along the beach or near any place turtles laying eggs. The locals were great and willing to answer any questions we had.

While at Disney, I kept eyeballing all the potential spots in the park to MD .... the Mrs said she would not post bail for me and something to the effect of hitchhiking back to Nebraska. ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eagle77,

I lived in Lincoln several different times for several years. Don't miss the cold. ;D

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Treasure_Hunter said:
eagle77,

I lived in Lincoln several different times for several years. Don't miss the cold. ;D

Yeah I keep telling myself once retirement hits to move south...in another 20 years. :D You'd be amazed Lincoln is growing faster than they can build (same for Omaha).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread