Diversifying my coins

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
It seems that I am in direct competition with someone else in my area with half dollars. I get mine from brinks and my dump bank sends their coins to the fed. I think my competition is buying/dumping to brinks. I have found 1, 40% in the last $6,000. I currently get $1500 a week. I am thinking of changing that to $1000 in halves and $500 in dimes.

What other ratio's do you guys use? I am seeing so much more luck with dimes on here lately!

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
My advice would be if you can get the halves, keep at it for a while longer at 1500 and see how that goes for you. I know the golden rule among many on here is that folks who mark their coins have nothing better to do but in your situation, I may run a specific mark on a few of your halves each time before you dump and see if or when you may get them back. By no means am I saying mark them all but if you mark a few, you may indeed get them back if they are just recirculating in your area. CWR of dimes work good for me in my area but MWR don't give up much and for me, halves are difficult to get even when I try to order them because they conveniently forget to place the orders.

I wouldn't give up on halves just yet if I were you especially since they don't have a problem supplying them to you. Hope you have better luck going forward! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread