Diving into metal detecting

TheIslandGuy

Greenie
Aug 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Criehaven Maine!

I have never used a metal detector before, but I just bought one. I got an excalibur 800 with an upgraded 10" search coil from the excalibur II. I got it used on Craigslist and I tried it out on a test panel last night and it seemed to work well.

I am obsessed with scuba diving and plan to mostly use my detector below the surface. If I really get into hunting I might do some land hunts, but it seems like underwater would be more of an untapped area.

I read the owners manual for my excalibur and think I have a good idea how to operate it on the most basic level, but I know I have alot to learn about this hobby. Hopefully I can learn from everyone here on treasurenet.

I'm about to head out hunting right now. I have 4 scuba tanks full and my battery charged on my detector. I have a few different swimming holes I plan on hitting. I'll report back later if I find anything worth sharing. Hopefully I can operate this detector well enough to search effectively.

Good luck! Once I get my "Air Buddy" hookah rig, (been waiting FOREVER) I'll be doing some serious UW detecting myself. Right now I'm limited to snorkeling depth.
HH
dts

tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maine for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :icon_thumleft:

Good Luck today!

Welcome to the forum from Rhode Island and good hunting and play safe!

Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

welcome to Tnet from Tx good luck

Oh....your gonna find something im sure. welcome to T-net, I also like hunting in the water. Snorkel, scuba, hooka its all good.

Welcome from Ann Arbor Tommy

Welcome aboard T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Welcome to tnet from Ann Arbor feel free if you ever need any help or suggestions about detecting Ill try to assist!!!!!!Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back