Dizzy's Midnight Madness

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Growing up in So. Cal., and in the mid-70's I had the honor of listening to one of the best DJ's...ever.

His name is Jim Ladd, and he always had the evening shift on the best rock station of the time...KMET. Listening to Jim Ladd wasn't just listening to the music he'd play extended sessions of...it was a nightly adventure into the mental pathways of music and humanity.

The memories bring back the times when some herb was first inhaled,
and then I'd put on the Koss headphones and just sit back and listen as Ladd played yet another long session of the Doors. I truly believe this man understood the actual essence of Jim Morrison, and he readily shared that with his listeners in what were often lengthy soliloquies.

Over time, I'll be adding music from "back in the day", when KMET and Jim Ladd were both at the top of the charts...and while I don't have his words, I can play the music.

So, sit back, smoke a bowl or grab a brew, and just enjoy...

Why do all the great ones die so young?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Strange days...I wonder..will summer ever come to my little corner of
the world?

Very quiet night...cold, but still humid...almost misty.

Memories..black light posters and the warm smell of something brought back from 'Nam by my buddies brother. Sitting back in a huge beanbag chair, eyes closed....mind was glued to every note coming from giant Magnavox speakers...there is nothing else..

Ladd speaks of ancient times..a world of forests and all the creatures
that inhabit them ..... alongside man.

How years ago in days of old, When magic filled the air
'T was in the darkest depths of Mordor
I met a girl so fair
But Gollum, and the evil one
Crept up and slipped away with her

Where have we gone..

Last edited:
OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know it's midnight...somewhere.

If you're old, you'll remember..if you're young, take a minute or five and
listen to the music from another time...these bands laid the foundation
for what rock music has become today.

Of Woodstock fame, it's Ten Years After:

Then, in 1967, out of the Vietnam war anti-war riots and Kent State came Buffalo Springfield:

Just three years later, Black Sabbath expressed their thoughts, but
with a definite Ozzie twist:

Last edited:

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil Young singing Mr. Soul .... Bad ass song!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Growing up in So. Cal., and in the mid-70's I had the honor of listening to one of the best DJ's...ever.

His name is Jim Ladd, and he always had the evening shift on the best rock station of the time...KMET. Listening to Jim Ladd wasn't just listening to the music he'd play extended sessions of...it was a nightly adventure into the mental pathways of music and humanity.

The memories bring back the times when some herb was first inhaled,
and then I'd put on the Koss headphones and just sit back and listen as Ladd played yet another long session of the Doors. I truly believe this man understood the actual essence of Jim Morrison, and he readily shared that with his listeners in what were often lengthy soliloquies.

Over time, I'll be adding music from "back in the day", when KMET and Jim Ladd were both at the top of the charts...and while I don't have his words, I can play the music.

So, sit back, smoke a bowl or grab a brew, and just enjoy...

Why do all the great ones die so young?

Dang brings back memories! If you didn't have KMET #1 & KLOS #2 on the buttons, there was something seriously wrong with you or you were up at Calvary Chapel getting programmed.

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Completed my 63rd circumnavigation of the Sun yesterday; spent 90%
of the day in peaceful solitude here in my shop watching good old
movies, reflecting about the trail I've cut in life, and enjoying the fruits of
my indoor garden.

People have written some great music while looking back at their own
past.

Bet it's been awhile since you heard this one..

Now mix in a bit of Slash and Axel's madness...

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still making good music....

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saturday night..never know what's going to inspire me...found this. :occasion14:

Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio...man..those were the days.

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just listened to this over on youtube, and realized that this was just pure talent. Acoustic instruments, no fancy light show...just good music.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread