What's new

Do coins shrink when tumbled?

alba359

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Louisiana
Hi All, I have a new Lortone 45c tumbler. I intend to use it to tumble clads and cents found metal detecting. I'd like to know if coins shrink too much during the tumbling process to go through CoinStar? Sincere Thanks, Don
 
No, lol. they shrink when CoinStar takes it fees.
 
Thanks for the reply poftravel. I guess it is a strange question but I was concerned tumbling may remove enough metal from coins to render them useless for CoinStar or bank sorting machines. Thanks again, Don
 
You should experiment with tumbling pennies until they're dime sized bits then see if you can trick coinstar into giving you 10 times value. Let us know how it goes down.
 
No they will go through just fine. the one closest to me will take them even when not cleaned very good and even some that are eroded away on the sides. I throw everything in, and what gets rejected goes back in the bag. Keep an eye on what gets dumped back to you. I've noticed the machine I use will throw back wheaties that I've missed. Guess it's due to weight differences.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom