Do dowsing rods really work for long range locators or are these just myth? I've heard a little bit of both.. anyone ever tried them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a curious lack of banner finds in the dowsing forum.😂 If dowsing worked at all, shouldn’t there be at least ONE banner find there?🤔 That says it all for me.
On the other hand-just maybe those recoveries were so big--they were scared to show them off. (2 grains of salt kind of reply)

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dowsing and LRLs have no basis in science and have both been disproven. You will find anecdotal "evidence" for them, but anecdotes are not considered actual evidence, they're simply personal stories and should be taken as such. There are no studies using scientific method, which always include control groups, that have ever shown either of these "technologies" to be valid.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a gift some people have. A person who showed me his gift for dowsing silver years ago could have cared less about silver.

Fireflash

May 24, 2022
IMG_5702.jpeg

Would you trust a doctor who used dowsing to diagnose health condition ?

OP
OP
L

Livinglegend6

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2023
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I see what you mean.. I watched that America unearthed show and the Prada's from finders keepers were using those to locate a supposed well full of gold up in nova Scotia. It's pretty crazy to watch because both rods hit at the same time and from three different locations. Hmm. They seem silly to me also but then again every day, more and more, I find nothing is at it seems. Appreciate the input!

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it depends what your looking for. I never thought about it until a couple months ago until the local township was planning roadwork/construction in our neighborhood. The construction crews were setting up for the day when one of their trucks pulled up, a guy got out with some rods, went over to some other workers, started walking down our paved street with the rods, he would take a few steps, the rods would separate and he would tell the one worker to mark the spot with blue spray paint. He marked about 7 places got in his truck and drove off, that’s where the workers did their digging. I don’t understand how it works but it convinced me.

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dowsing is a case of confusing causation (something causes another) with correlation (something relates to another) which is a severe error in thinking. News outlets, politicians and charlatans use this for sensationalism quite a bit.

Read this: Is there any scientific evidence for dowsing?

Then these: The Demon-Haunted World and A Short Course in Intellectual Self-Defense

In both you'll find: Carl Sagan's baloney detection kit

How about that, Dr. Sagan geta a mention on Treasurenet. I miss you Bro!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's best to ask this question in the dowsing forum -

Yes, it works for some people but not for everyone. I've found breaks in water pipes, followed burried pipes, found wells, gold, etc... with dowsing rods of different types.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, it works for some people but not for everyone. I've found breaks in water pipes, followed burried pipes, found wells, gold, etc... with dowsing rods of different types.
I use to witch water lines, conduit and copper/fiber optic lines when I was working Telecom....

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other

Did you find bigfoot?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds safe and unlikely. Did you witch for Santa Clause?
I worked telecom and yes it worked, did it for 15 years in telcom and it still works, I witched the water lines, cable, and power lines going to my home, as well as locating lines for several friends, all were also accurate when dug too.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked telecom and yes it worked, did it for 15 years in telcom and it still works, I witched the water lines, cable, and power lines going to my home, as well as locating lines for several friends, all were also accurate when dug too.
Heres the thing though, if you show me a property with a house, I could also guess pretty accurately where the water and electrical is. Its not hard, you dont need magic sticks to do it.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones who do not have the GIFT , are the ones who make childish remarks, and it shows up on
some forums.
I have found that dowsing will skip a generation
Ie; myself, not my son, but my grandson can.
I saw a man dowse with his bare arms and his blood would run down through his hands and drip out on the ground, over crude oil. It,s on film. He made a fortune.
thanks for reading, even you skeptics.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the thing though, if you show me a property with a house, I could also guess pretty accurately where the water and electrical is. Its not hard, you dont need magic sticks to do it.
Problem is lines do not always run straight, I have located lines in the middle of large fields when I did not know where they enter or left the field. We are not talking 10, or 15 feet, we are talking acres. Telephone cables and TV cables are notorious for not running straight too...

I lost $20 bet first time I saw it done when I bet utility employee he couldn't tell me where my fiber cable was in the middle of a 5 acre field by using 2 bent wires, he nailed it, I paid the money and learned I could also do the same thing after experimenting.. It wasn't just close I locate the exact positions under ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread