🙋 WANTED DO NOT ORDER FROM MILSPEC HAVE YOU BEEN STOLEN FROM ON THE FORUMS???? READ ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DO NOT ORDER FROM MILSPEC HAVE YOU BEEN STOLEN FROM ON THE FORUMS???? READ ASAP READ ASAP READ ASAP As you all know I am the only dealer who was carrying milspec deus gear, Guys and Gals listen I have had upwards of 10 people in the last week call and say they ordered gear in January and February and still have yet to receive it. I paid for a bulk shipment of gear and was told two weeks and it took 6 months and still have not received it all. He no longer accepts my calls or emails which is what I have been told by several of the customers who have called me wanting to know if I had a better way of getting ahold of Mr. Van Queen.. I do not and if you decide to contact him as a new customer for any gear you have a 60/40 shot of actually getting what you pay for. He makes wonderful gear but has no regard for your money, her wiill LIE to you for weeks on end he will tell you every excuse under the sun.. PLEASE PLEASE learn from my mistake and DO NOT ORDER GEAR FROM MILSPEC>> If any of you reading this have been burned by Mil Spec (VAN QUEEN) please post it here in this thread and also PM me. AT this point I just wanna help some of the customers recoup something if I can, I have a little bit of gear such as combo kits and deus covers in stock that I will either sell or use to take care of the ones who have been burned, I understand you didn't give me your money and you sent it to Mil Spec as a gift through paypal but if I have something you may have ordered I will pay it forward the best I can in an attempt to help you, however there isnt a lot left so please let me know ASAP>> Again I am not affiliated nor have I taken any money for anything I did not have in stock, if youve been burned by milspec you were burned by him directly, I am distancing myslef from this guy he has a very very BAD reputation. I am also a 100% disabled combat veteran (USMC) as is he (ARMY) but please do not fall for the poor me help a veteran out story he tends to give everyone, IT has sucked more than a few in.. If your to messed up to make the gear your promise people you'll make them then the bottom line is YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE THEIR MONEY and give them run around for 5 months in hopes they will tire and just go away! we need to stand up to these idiots who pray on us through our forums guys like MIKE HIBBS, TERRY LAMB and now VAN QUEEN from WISCONSIN is in that list. We need to repot them to our and their local authorities and they will stop doing this crap...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a certain disdain for people who use the "I'm a disabled veteran, give me special consideration". I am also disabled and retired military. I don't use my situation because to me it is unethical. I have people walk up to me in the street and ask me for money telling me they are a disabled veteran and I told one guy that I wished he had just asked for a few bucks straight out. I am not trying to sound like I am undermining anyone's contribution to this country, but I just don't give special treatment for this unless I am working for the government or awarding contracts where this has to be considered. I am grateful for people who have put their body's in harms way and are dealing with the results, but I just don't feel it is appropriate to expect everyone to give special consideration. If you do great. I look at everyone as a person and weigh them accordingly.

Back to the situation, for anyone gave a Paypal gift, there may not be the ability to recoup through Paypal. Like anything else, use your conscious if you decide to send a "gift" in order to waive the 3% transaction fee. Like I stated above someone will have to earn my trust through their reputation, not through title or self-entitlement-- Otherwise it is a crap shoot. Jeremy thanks for being up front with everyone, even though you were very blunt. I think this goes a long way in the trust department.

There was a saying in the military "courtesy is given respect is earned". This had to do with someone who outranked you. In my case when it comes to people "respect is given, trust is earned". Either way respect and/or trust can be revoked quickly.

Last edited:

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, guess you did send him your money as a "gift". He probably could even use this in court to say you just gave it to him as a gift.
Never send big $ this way since Feepay wont cover it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
?? MILSPEC .. What who is Milspec is he a person on Tnet .. Or is he a dealer a dealer with a company called mil spec ?? I never heard of him so he could not be that well known if i never heard of him/it/?

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
hrm sounds like an opportunity to hone my sleuthing skills.
I make no judgments, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Mike

edit: been searching, not saying you didn't get ripped off, but in my searching so far, to me the guy makes everything to order, and apparently has got behind on his orders, has and still is under going many surgeries for my guess military injuries.
as you can see here and he commented about being behind on his work.

https://www.facebook.com/milspecmet...26666.136130086517801/281760275288114/?type=1

I'm not for or against anybody, I just like researching things, and will add more later, if I find out more, in my opinion so far the guy is just behind and bit off more than he can chew.

another edit, found this response from milspec metal detecting.
Due to overwhelming interest and support from the metal detecting community we are getting hammered with orders." While this is highly appreciated we will not sacrifice quality for speed in making our products. So when the smoke clears its this simple, we are f#$%ing swamped, so please be patient. And again thank you for your support. If you have not received you order by the third week please contact K-51 at milspecaccessories(at)gmail.com

more to follow.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
hrm sounds like an opportunity to hone my sleuthing skills.
I make no judgments, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Mike

edit: been searching, not saying you didn't get ripped off, but in my searching so far, to me the guy makes everything to order, and apparently has got behind on his orders, has and still is under going many surgeries for my guess military injuries.
as you can see here and he commented about being behind on his work.

https://www.facebook.com/milspecmet...26666.136130086517801/281760275288114/?type=1

I'm not for or against anybody, I just like researching things, and will add more later, if I find out more, in my opinion so far the guy is just behind and bit off more than he can chew.

another edit, found this response from milspec metal detecting.
Due to overwhelming interest and support from the metal detecting community we are getting hammered with orders." While this is highly appreciated we will not sacrifice quality for speed in making our products. So when the smoke clears its this simple, we are f#$%ing swamped, so please be patient. And again thank you for your support. If you have not received you order by the third week please contact K-51 at milspecaccessories(at)gmail.com

more to follow.
..BC1969 ..I will say you do have good sleuthing skills….Yes sir both sides of a story always helps .. For you have to have both sides before the truth is known….

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I appreciate this being posted. Even if he's behind how could still return phone calls...

sent from a potato...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I've found out alot more, and quite frankly the name van queen does not come up much. through searching I found what appears a business partner, whom is mentioned on other detecting sites, who also owns the milspecmetaldetecting.com which if you know how to do a domain lookup you'll see for yourself, for neutrality I won't say anybody's name, not hard to find out.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/1...9l8&sview=25&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1

AmericanHistory MetalDetecting - YouTube

Milspec Metal Detecting

The videos between the multiple sites are all the same. click through various links on those for more info.
so I guess that guy could probably help you out.

if somebody wants to find van queen, start here.

People Search from Intelius searches billions of public records instantly. Search free now!

research every name on the page including aliases, eventually you will narrow it down till you have the right person, I've already 7 hours invested in trying to help resolve these issues...and I need a break. :BangHead:

Mike

Last edited:

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i dont trust some one who try to sell me something i ask to use COD that way the buyer is cover because it is a shipping service to pay upon getting your package other ways i tell the seller that if i ever go to his area i will pick up the item for sale, the COD will try to contact you and hold the shipped item and they will take payment upon pick up or delivery to u.

saftgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Jefferson City, MO
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, CTX, GPX 4500, and another Nox 800 for my friends...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a belt, cover and finds bag from them in 2012. At that time they were going by the name of Silver Sn1per and his partner was Kilo51. I was getting a little run around from them and I too got the routine. I called them out on the forum and it was addressed pretty quickly. Personality was not what I would call customer oriented but the person going by Kilo51 seemed decent. This person introduced himself to me as his business partner and told me all would be okay. Honestly, the quality of their merchandise is outstanding. I can see there is a huge demand because it is some quality stuff. Here is a link to the old posts... If you want to read how they started out on the site and get a taste for who you're doing business with. I only had the one dealing with them... Read for yourself and then decide. I too was trying to use the power of this forum to leverage them into following through. Good luck to you on all your orders. I'm hoping all goes well and they are doing what they say. Scroll down to post #29 to get to our interaction... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...etal-detecting-accessories-2.html#post2836255

Saftgeek-

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
( in reply to a private message I received tonight.)

****NOTE: ALL INFORMATION I'VE UNCOVERED SO FAR IS FROM THE FREE PUBLIC DOMAIN, ANYBODY WILLING TO DO THE RESEARCH CAN FIND THE SAME INFO AS I DID.****

I'd seen it, but thanks.
I just like helping people resolve issues, I actually know where both guys are plus their phone numbers, but I can't morally provide that information, as I feel they are just behind on their orders. I didn't come to that conclusion easily either as I read dozens of posts on multiple other forums/sites and in most of the cases the folks eventually received their orders.
I'm still awaiting response ( original poster ) to the information I provided.
I need more input.

As for these guys having went under previous monikers, I determined that was a step towards anonymity, which really does NOT exist online, for once anything you put online..it is there to stay. but I can see clearly they wanted their privacy so I'll respect that.

In so far my conclusion is just a couple guys that bit off more than they can chew, are not very organized. could I be wrong ? possibly, and time will tell.

Mike

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I ordered a belt, cover and finds bag from them in 2012. At that time they were going by the name of Silver Sn1per and his partner was Kilo51. I was getting a little run around from them and I too got the routine. I called them out on the forum and it was addressed pretty quickly. Personality was not what I would call customer oriented but the person going by Kilo51 seemed decent. This person introduced himself to me as his business partner and told me all would be okay. Honestly, the quality of their merchandise is outstanding. I can see there is a huge demand because it is some quality stuff. Here is a link to the old posts... If you want to read how they started out on the site and get a taste for who you're doing business with. I only had the one dealing with them... Read for yourself and then decide. I too was trying to use the power of this forum to leverage them into following through. Good luck to you on all your orders. I'm hoping all goes well and they are doing what they say. Scroll down to post #29 to get to our interaction... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...etal-detecting-accessories-2.html#post2836255

Saftgeek-
Ok , I read your exchange and all I can say is WOW!!! I would NEVER talk to a customer like that. Any company that does doesn't deserve to be in business...

sent from a potato...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions