Do Phones Really Extend Battery Life?

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I normally don't use head phones since my Tesoros have plenty of power to send the beeps out. Battery life has been pretty good, and with my phones[ Grey Ghosts] don't seem to see much, if any, sound improvement in normal conditions....Only time the phones win is when the speaker is facing away from me.. So, by not using the Ghosts is my battery life going to be really that much better? :coffee2:

Using headphones to save power does help some , the reason is if you look the amount of power it takes to run the headphones and the amount of power it takes to run the speaker , the amount for the headphones is less. It just takes less current to run the headphones .

Now you would have to find out how much power it takes to run the speaker on your detector to be able to calculate the deference between the headphones . That would tell you the amount of time you will gain .

I myself use the headphones as I can hear the lesser sounds that the deep targets make , it is just easier for me to hear them that way. But I have seen some guy's that can hear it with there speaker just as well .
When I use the headphones on my detector the battery does last longer , but I have never timed the amount to see how much more it does help .
I do not use the headphones to save power so it really does not matter to me how much there is in savings . Mostly it is also for when I am around people . The sound coming from the detector will drive some crazy when they are trying to do other things so I use the Headphones so I do not bother anyone else .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back