What's new

do the black rings leak on the Surfmaster PI?

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
i hear the black ring leaks. is this true? should i get the Orange "O" ring? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
As far as the beachhunter that is true I would guess that it would be the same and yes you want to upgrade to it,. drop whites customer service a email or give them a call I think they will install the correct one free of charge....
 
Are you talking about the one in the control box lid? I haven't seen a black o-ring in years. If you plan on getting it wet, you need to replace that EVERY year. They can get cut, scratched, compressed and deformed. It's also the most important item to keep your machine functional.

You don't need to have Whites replace it either. It costs a couple bucks on thier website, and takes about a minute to replace yourself.
 
I'd send it in and have the box replaced. I may be wrong, but I think the o-rings are a bit different. I had one leak, it wasn't because of the o-ring. The box cracked at one of the knobs (pots) because of age.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom