Status
Not open for further replies.
Crosse de Sign I will keep a eye on Don's place. if I see anyone or activity at the Hotel California I will stop by and see if I can get a word with him. If I go by water I don't have to see any body at the front gate.:wink: More than one way to skin a skunk.

Senior Deacon

Senior Deacon,

The more I think about someone like Mr. Don Henley,
being the talented and versatile, singer/songwriter/artist
that he is, ever gracing this topic, which I figure he could
undoubtedly comment on, based on his spirited writings.

It would definitely be quite a Spirited Treasure. Especially,
him being a world traveler, for well over 35 yrs. He'd most
likely have a contribution to make, to the topic. Then, what
an awesome talent and voice, way of thinking, life's perspectives...

Have a good day... :sunny: :fish:

:cross:
~:Crosse:~

Recorded at the Moondance Jam Minnesota, 2010

And on that note, I gotta' get ready,
and back out on the road again myself.

I hope everyone has a Great, happy and beautiful Day,
and be safe in all of your travels, from this humble Knight... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:

One more for the road. Oh that was a great hot shower, and the water pressure, unbelievable.
You just don't get many like that on the road anymore, these days... GOD Bless, Y'all take care, and I'll do my best, ta' do the same... Peace... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
Crosse

Nice pics from the lake and the surroundings .
This is the region where i live now . About 40 miles north from Athens .

Place.jpg

And ths is a picture which i took from my patio 5 min ago .

Image.JPG

Hey Marius,

Thanks! Great view, I like the scenery brother.
Quite panoramic, and wow! Nice of you to share,
and much appreciated. Must be a lot of potential
historical places to treasure hunt in your country?

Awesome...:thumbsup:... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:

Heard this song on a Tennessee radio station,
that wasn't real clear where I was at earlier,
so, here it is, with over 6,715,919 views.
That's all? Doesn't anyone know
how super good they are?... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
mdog that is where I hung out in Spirit Lake area. There are a few treasure tales around the lakes mostly Gangster and Probation stuff. I confirmed a few tales and they were true but could not get permission to hunt. Beaches were the best back in 1992 when the lakes were at there low point. Pick up a lot of rings and lake artifacts from in front of the Amusement park. Hay day of treasure hunting in that part of the country is when I was the only one running a VLF with discrimination.That was about 1982 or 3. Hit a small park that was Hunted Out. I got 8 silver dimes out of that park first day I used the VLF. Best day with the machine was 9 silver Quarters and a half dollar WL out of another park in that area. It was crazy after the labor day week end celebration. It was always good for 25 bucks in change along the beach and 5 or 6 gold rings. Even found a $20 bill one time.

As far as finding garnets there i don't know. Was to busy finding coins and rings to worry about gems although it wouldn't surprise me. A friend and masonic brother of mine ran a gold slues east in the next county over. He got about a once of gold a year. He showed me one day a vial of color he panned out of a rock quarry along the Des Moines river.

Senior Deacon

Senior Deacon,

I've never been to Spirit Lake but I read a book about the Spirit Lake Massacre when I was a kid. My wife grew up in Sioux City and she has mentioned that her parents took them to some of the northern Iowa lakes when they were kids. She said there was a beach at Gavins ? Point Dam where they picked up dozens of arrowheads. I used to surface hunt arrowheads and 19th century bottles but not so much anymore. If I ever get my wife's chore list done, I hope to get back to arrowhead hunting.

... ~: Pinson Mounds :~ ...

mdog,

... ~: Thought this might be of interest to you, pics of some mounds,
in Chickasaw Country, between Jackson, and Henderson, TENN.,
thought to have been done in the Middle Woodland Period :~ ...

Last edited:
... ~: Pinson Mounds State Archaeological Area :~ ...

:
...View attachment 1171393
:
...View attachment 1171448
:
...View attachment 1171394
:
...View attachment 1171395
:
...View attachment 1171396
:
...View attachment 1171397:
:
...View attachment 1171398
:
...View attachment 1171399
:
...View attachment 1171400
:
...View attachment 1171401
Pinson Mounds, Near the small town of Pinson, TENN.

Dated 200 B.C. to 500 A.D., Pinson is the largest
Middle Woodland Period mound center of the Southeast.
The archaeological complex, consists of at least 17 earthen
mounds, and is in a beautiful, remote wooded setting. There
is no fee to enter the museum, or the archaeological area, and
it is well worth the climb to see and ponder the distant view, from
atop of the first mound closest to the museum, all trails are fairly
level, and can be easily accessed, with biking an option ...

Saul's Mound, at 72 feet, is the second tallest mound
in the U.S. Pinson Mounds was first documented in
modern history in 1820 by a surveying crew, and
named after one of the surveyors, Joel Pinson...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I adore TN! Spent a few summers there. Mostly Nashville. Enchanted by the Cherokee National Forest. Did you check out the re-creation (pretty authentic) of what life was like way back when? My kids could spend hours there, fully in appreciation. Me too! We also liked Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Our greatest pleasure was just roaming town to town, forest to forest. We make pretty darn good gypsies, when we don't need to adhere to a schedule. I love to wander! Stay safe in all of your travels. Find the Roads Less Traveled, have fun, and may God always continue to be your #1 co-pilot. I really like the moonlight shots too, btw. Thanks for sharing. Good stuff!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
PS if you head back towards Nashville, go to Franklin (if you haven't already) and go to Puckett's grocery/BBQ. A little place off the side of the road with BIG music. Not advertising here, and non-affiliated, btw. Lol. My girlfriend who lives in Franklin took me there and I never wanted to leave. Great fun, esp. because most of the artists have yet to be discovered, and are ALL amazing. What impressed me too about Nashville is the amount of talent found freely in places like Starbucks, or hotel lobby's, and plain old curb side. In fact, I met Shelley Colvin in a clothing store where she was working. We became instant friends. She broke out her guitar right then and there, and the whole place came alive. Kindred spirits rule!

Last edited:
Here is another group of artists; AC Rock. We met them playing in front of a yogurt store! Great voices.
Last one. Must hear this. Smile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back