Do you believe in the legendary treasure of billy the kid

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't that the treasure the kid stole from oak island?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what he would have done to accumulate much treasure. As a young ranch hand he was know to "gamble away his wages." At age 15 he robbed a Chinese laundry, at 18 he murdered a blacksmith and rustled cattle, then was a hired gun. Never a bank, train or coach robber.

Died when he was 21 - not age at which most men think about accumulating wealth . . . and he also seemed to be "living large" for the short time he was active.

I doubt he had much to put away.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Charlie P. said, i'd venture most all Treasure legends surrounding outlaws are more fantasy then reality. Jesse James is a great example. If you actually look the facts of all his robberies, how many gang members there was per robbery (sometimes up to 15) and how much was actually taken (Northfield being one of their worst, 8 robbers (some say 10), and only 26.70 stolen) couple that with their lifestyle(gambling, booze, hookers, life on the road) its doubtful any of the gang legends had much of anything to bury. Makes for great fantasy though....

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shure i do, but i also belive in Tooth Ferry, Snow white and Cinderella LOL

If i got a single Euro every thime i was told a treasure story (or asked to prosue one) with the "exact" alledged location i would not need to find one at all.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure... Can Come In Many Forms!

Hi people around the world do you believe in the legendary treasure of billy the kid

Hello Khufusword...and welcome to the show!

The name "Billy the Kid" is one of the most famous names of a real person... who ever lived in the United States of America.

What ever he was pictured doing, or... whoever he shot... is World Famous and any evidence to this...is very Valuable...a Treasure in its own Right!

Take this resent picture located of him...insured value...$5 Million Dollars!

https://coinweek.com/coins/unique-u... handling such finds,picture of Billy the Kid.

Billy the Kid.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Legendary' says it all.

HonkeytonkMan

Jul 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that photo was proven a fake?

A numismatic company legitamizing a photo? makes sense

Aren't they the ones that marketed the "SaddleRidge Hoard" aka "The Hole in the Wall Gang Modified Mint Loot"?

Billy The Kid Treasure?
Anything found would probably be "John Tunstalls".

I always found this photo the most interesting. The history of "Billy the kid is so murky now, almost nobody will know the story.:laughing7:

Last edited:

HonkeytonkMan

Jul 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I always thought was unusual about the "John Tunstall" shooting, Why did the Murphy Dolan faction wait until Tunstall went back to his ranch to do the shooting? Must of been something on that wagon?

Tunstall-McSween Store (and bank) - Lincoln, New Mexico

Hmm, if I was looking for a possible treasure associated with "Billy The Kid"

https://lincolncountyhistoricalsociety.vpweb.com/Dolan Ranch, 1900.jpg

My guess if there was one, it has already been found and spent.

But, how bout some shits and giggles?

Looks like somebody has been doing some digging.

Would of been interesting to know what they found.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...8419e824e35a7a!8m2!3d33.0100851!4d-105.108658

Last edited:

HonkeytonkMan

Jul 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

HonkeytonkMan

Jul 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those interested "The Truman Collection" was a collection of photos mistakenly sold from The Truman Librarys "catch all" Basement after a caretaker could not identify the photos as anyone associated with the Truman family. They ended up in a Saint Louis clearing house, and were sold on Ebay.

Most likely Mountain Dew Shaw has the majority of the collection.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Man...What ever you are on!...Let me know!

I thought that photo was proven a fake?

A numismatic company legitamizing a photo? makes sense

Aren't they the ones that marketed the "SaddleRidge Hoard" aka "The Hole in the Wall Gang Modified Mint Loot"?

Billy The Kid Treasure?
Anything found would probably be "John Tunstalls".

I always found this photo the most interesting. The history of "Billy the kid is so murky now, almost nobody will know the story.:laughing7:

This picture is of contention...but has never been proven a fake!

What is real...Is anything "Billy the Kid" did, or say, or shot...is a Treasure!

Billy the Kid 2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions