Do you collect Blank (Unstruck) Cent Planchets?

Paid for my' Charter Membership a little earlier this evening but don't know how long it will take for the Admin or Moderators to upgrade my' membership. As soon as it is upgraded, I will list some coins as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone for bearing with me!

In my 70 years of life, I've never found one in the wild. Used to see them at coin shows, but I never bought one.

huntsman53, it may take a few days, but I do believe you will remain a Charter Member. $20 a year - unfortunately I spend twice that a week on brandy :( But, I'm alone, 70 and live with my 94 year old mother way up a holler - with 3 cats who own us!

I'm okay with my present day world = what's it going to do, kill me?

Last edited:
Paid for my' Charter Membership a little earlier this evening but don't know how long it will take for the Admin or Moderators to upgrade my' membership. As soon as it is upgraded, I will list some coins as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone for bearing with me!

Where will they be listed when you do?
(As in where is the "for sale" area here?)

I will be interested to see your offerings when they finally get your membership upgraded.
Pm when you are finally able to list some.
Thanks Frank.

I got this CRHing many years ago and when you asked about them I dug it out. What do you think? It is smaller but about the same thickness as the wheatie. Is that a normal texture for a planchet?

Attachments

• BLANK-1.jpg
    BLANK-1.jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 41
  • BLANK-2.jpg
    BLANK-2.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 39
  • BLANK-3.jpg
    BLANK-3.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 45
Looks like the real McCoy to me. A type 1 blank I believe. Before it goes into the upturning mill to put the proto rim on the edge.
It would be smaller than a minted cent so it would fit in the collar die fairly easily. It becomes standard size of 19mm once it is struck.
You can even see the line and striations perpendicular to the face where the metal was pushed through as it was punched out.

Nice images.

Sorry everyone for the delay in getting some Error and Variety Coins listed in the Classified Forums!

I am trying to get some pics of the Error and Variety coins I currently want to list but a lot has gotten in the way. I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest with having to replace the shower/tub control valve, pipes, shower head and faucet. Also, had to replace the bathroom sink faucet and drain, been selling at the Flea Markets every weekend and am trying to gear up for Ginseng Season and Deer Season. Got a tentative lease on land for Deer and Ginseng Hunting and waiting to find out if I got selected for a Ginseng Harvest Permit for the Cherokee National Forest Zone that is open this year. Still have to replace my' hot water heater, got a leak on the A/C Evaporator drain and a leak on the Water Main just inside the house.

I plan to first list a 1945-P Walking Liberty Half Dollar FS-901 "Missing Designer's Initials" on the Reverse, 5 Washington Quarters (1957-1963) struck with the Type "B" Proof Reverses, a lot of Uncirculated and Mint State Copper Plated Blank Planchets, some Lincoln Wheat Cents Struck thru Lamination Errors and much more.

I am sorry it is taking so long! I took a break from TNET due to the Pop-Up Ads and then everything crescendoed out of control. I will do my best to get some listed this coming week.

Frank

I forgot to say. The wheat weighs 2.9gr the blank weighs 2.3gr

Looks like a Foreign Coin Planchet but without technical data on the Foreign Coins that the Mints struck, I don't know how to tell what coin the planchet was designated for.

The size of the blank would be helpful and the composition would be needed as well to see which foreign coin it may have been intended for.

Let's see if I can attach the list of foreign coin production.

(My apologies in advance if I'm not doing something correctly with this attachment)

Attachments

• foreign_coinage_production_figures-1.pdf
    211.5 KB · Views: 16
I have crh'd hundreds of thousands of coins and never found a blank. I'm surprised by how many of you have found them. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back