Do you smoke menthols ?

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Maybe this belongs in the "Rants" forum, I don't know, but are you aware that there is legislation up in the House of Representatives that would have the FDA prohibit the sale of flavored cigarettes ? Menthol is actually exempted from the bill as it is written right now, but its authors wanted menthol included and will certainly push to have it added back in once all other flavorings are prohibited

The bill is HR 1108, and the section taht pertains to this subject is section 907, Tobacco Product Standards

E-mail or write your rep www.House.gov

Diggem'

Yup, I do. I hadn't heard about this. It seems kind of stupid, must be our govt in action. It guess that they are worried that flavored cigs would be (more) hazardous to your health. Well I guess it gives them something to do since we don't have any REAL problems to deal with and the ecomony is in such great shape. Sheesh.

I'd heard loong time ago that the oil creating the menthol flavoring collects an even greater amount of junk in your lungs that the regular crop.

My environment has always been dusty, so I've at least stayed away from those!

...I think the smoke companies are just trying to do like the caffeine vendors have done with their designer drugs... Trying to generate more addicts like me with fancy frills and hooplah.

I spoke with a cigarette salesman once... He sez Camel non-filter is what a cigarette IS...
But I got them sissy tampoons on mine, which the doc says is better than straight, it keeps out some of the gunk.

I go through the ones with little holes in 'em far too fast!

I axed the doc for a one time scrip for 30 5mg valium to calm me down while I quit.
I figured 2 a day for 10 days, and one a day for ten more, would keep me from going ballistic.

Doc says we don't do those any more, they're addicting. Try this one, instead... that has side effects...
I says, Yah, right... I'm hooked for decades on an over the counter drug that WILL kill me and you won't write me a scrip for one that will make me drowsy? What a crock!

Medicine in amerika is at an all time low..
I can't imagine how bad it must be if someone really needs 'em.

HH
rmptr

Man oh man,what the heck.NY just raised the tax up to $2.75 a pack.They say it will get people to quit,just what we need some moron's forcing there ideas on everyone else.Is there a war on smokers or what ! suns a beach's ! >:(

I think it's fairly common knowledge that the menthols are WAY more addicting.

... and, leave you with minty fresh breath. :tongue3: LMAO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back