Do you think Fisher will go out of business soon?

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a broken Tesoro Tiger Shark with less than thirty hours use, Tesoro out of business, warranty irrelevant and no way for me to fix the thing.
I have a older working White's and was thinking of getting another but they are out of business now as well.
So now I am leaning towards a Fisher CZ21 but I don't want to drop over a grand for a machine with a two year warranty if they are not likely to even be around then, so I was wondering what you guys think are their chances for survival. Thanks.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett bought Whites didn’t they?

Fisher really wasn’t interested in development of detectors in my opinion. I contacted them a few years back with some ideas to improve their detectors and they really were not interested to hear any of it.

Feels like they just kind of gave up developing detectors and just dished out some money to rebrand Technetics detectors. I’m guessing the driving force...someone that knew everything retired or passed away, leaving their company in bad shape. Just a WAG.

I guess it all depends on how strong of a company Technetics was. Or am I mistaken about that?

Minelab is going strong I think.

========
Edit, I think Technetics parent company swallowed up Fisher and rebranded some of their own designs as “Fisher” detectors. So back to saying it depends on how strong of a company Technetics is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher is not interested in development or was it Tesoro that was not interested? You said Fisher but the story sounded very Tesoro, I don't know much about either. I did google Garrett and whites so I guess Garrett did buy them. I am not sure what to make of all that.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, Minelab appears to be going strong, always developing new products which demand high prices.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to buy and use items make in the Great U S including metal detectors.

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites was bought by Garrett and they still have repair facilities on both sides of the country. I used to live pretty close to Whites in Oregon and stopped by while heading to do some mining last spring. At least Garrett picked them up, still American.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It is all about what you are comfortable with.

Six different detectors on structure meant for a TV, so 3 levels to it.

Got Garretts, Fishers, Minelabs, and Tesoros on the rack.

What do I pick up to go dig in the dirt?

Been into the hobby over 30 years - probably pushing 40.

I pick up the Tesoro Tejon

It be what it be :)

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One cannot say without inside intel. Today, money is flowing worldwide, bussiness are changeing owners, brands....anything is possible. But one thing is evident; detectors are not designed to last many years as they used to be.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have a new machine being tested by a bunch of guys ...Aquapulse
- i couldve gotten one but been having health issues keeping me out of waters right now
Im a Fisher guy - own 3 CZ21s - ive done pretty good with them - they are built like a tank
http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/
pg 39
hand of gold - hand of silver from 4 days in florida waters
other gold from a Dom.Rep. trip
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums.html
been using CZs since like 2006
check out 2012 - 72 gold rings all from water
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1651.html

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a broken Tesoro Tiger Shark with less than thirty hours use, Tesoro out of business, warranty irrelevant and no way for me to fix the thing.
I have a older working White's and was thinking of getting another but they are out of business now as well.
So now I am leaning towards a Fisher CZ21 but I don't want to drop over a grand for a machine with a two year warranty if they are not likely to even be around then, so I was wondering what you guys think are their chances for survival. Thanks.

Its great in all conditions - it will go deeper than a lot of machines out there if you use it to its full potential which is in auto tune
which is all metal - i dig it all 90% of my finds with it are from old areas - a lot are 100+ yrs old and others say the spots i hit they cleaned out yrs ago - I follow no less than 20 Excal users - lot of them crank their discrimination and lose depth
i grew up using an all metal machine in the 70s-early 80s so used to digging everything
last few yrs i have used it on relic hunts and have pulled stuff in 2ft range others missed - CW sites that have been hit by large
group hunts where i could see holes and depressions for past holes and found deep stuff around them others passed over
I had 2 guys come over when i was digging a real deep target and said place had been hammered by guys on Lg group hunt there
and there was nothing left - my pouch was full - I backed off my hole and told them I had a whisper of a signal
try their machines - one had a T2 I think and other had a F75 - one guy said it was a "ghost" signal and would not dig it
and other said he got slight pip every 4 swing and would not dig either
I pulled a musket ball at like 1 1/2 ft down - they were shocked
stood up and got another similar target bout 3 ft away - told them to try again - nothing - I knelt down and dug
and pulled another ball
Similar situation happened on another hunt - I hit a spot where i was getting minnies around 1 1/2 ft range - had like 10 of them
and I could see what looked like past holes . 5 guys came my way and when i told them I was getting deep lead.. they hopped in
all of them got nothing while I was still pulling deep ones - I got another hit and told a veteran hunter to come over
he checked and got nothing - told me I had a ghost - told him all my other signals there were the same
i started the hole and at a foot - told him to try his pinpointer and if he got a signal he could have it
he went in and had to take some more dirt out before he got signal but he ended up pulling out a williams cleaner
You use the CZ21 to its fullest and you can do good things - you got to be willing to dig some junk though
using it in all metal
Iron was over 2ft down - this place was hit no less than 5 times by 200 to 300 guys each hunt - after first day...I had the most keepers
when we started day one - guys were laughing at me using CZ21 - changed a lot of minds that evening
attachment.php
Another relic hunt with CZ21 - I think I out shot half the crew at this spot too
attachment.php

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The companies that will survive will be the ones that embrace innovation and adapt to new technologies. So far, I think Garrett and Minelab have did a real good job of listening to folks and trying to put out detectors with features people want. Not slighting any other brands. I own a Fisher F70 too, and it is still a great machine, fast recovery, and I have found lots of good things with it.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
If you still have the tiger shark you can get it repaired. There is a company in east texas that works on Tesoro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread