I have a broken Tesoro Tiger Shark with less than thirty hours use, Tesoro out of business, warranty irrelevant and no way for me to fix the thing.
I have a older working White's and was thinking of getting another but they are out of business now as well.
So now I am leaning towards a Fisher CZ21 but I don't want to drop over a grand for a machine with a two year warranty if they are not likely to even be around then, so I was wondering what you guys think are their chances for survival. Thanks.
Its great in all conditions - it will go deeper than a lot of machines out there if you use it to its full potential which is in auto tune
which is all metal - i dig it all 90% of my finds with it are from old areas - a lot are 100+ yrs old and others say the spots i hit they cleaned out yrs ago - I follow no less than 20 Excal users - lot of them crank their discrimination and lose depth
i grew up using an all metal machine in the 70s-early 80s so used to digging everything
last few yrs i have used it on relic hunts and have pulled stuff in 2ft range others missed - CW sites that have been hit by large
group hunts where i could see holes and depressions for past holes and found deep stuff around them others passed over
I had 2 guys come over when i was digging a real deep target and said place had been hammered by guys on Lg group hunt there
and there was nothing left - my pouch was full - I backed off my hole and told them I had a whisper of a signal
try their machines - one had a T2 I think and other had a F75 - one guy said it was a "ghost" signal and would not dig it
and other said he got slight pip every 4 swing and would not dig either
I pulled a musket ball at like 1 1/2 ft down - they were shocked
stood up and got another similar target bout 3 ft away - told them to try again - nothing - I knelt down and dug
and pulled another ball
Similar situation happened on another hunt - I hit a spot where i was getting minnies around 1 1/2 ft range - had like 10 of them
and I could see what looked like past holes . 5 guys came my way and when i told them I was getting deep lead.. they hopped in
all of them got nothing while I was still pulling deep ones - I got another hit and told a veteran hunter to come over
he checked and got nothing - told me I had a ghost - told him all my other signals there were the same
i started the hole and at a foot - told him to try his pinpointer and if he got a signal he could have it
he went in and had to take some more dirt out before he got signal but he ended up pulling out a williams cleaner
You use the CZ21 to its fullest and you can do good things - you got to be willing to dig some junk though
using it in all metal
Iron was over 2ft down - this place was hit no less than 5 times by 200 to 300 guys each hunt - after first day...I had the most keepers
when we started day one - guys were laughing at me using CZ21 - changed a lot of minds that evening
Another relic hunt with CZ21 - I think I out shot half the crew at this spot too