Do you think it is possible....

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Today I dug 12 wheaties at a baseball field!!! And you know what they say, "where there are wheaties, you will find silver!" So after finding 4 or 5 I was convinced I would find silver and I did!!! A 1939 Merc that has been chewed by a lawn mower! lol

Well anyway, after digging this stuff and a total of 71 coins I was thinking that possibly this field does not get hunted. What are your thoughts? I probably only hit about 1 tenth of the field.

You had a great day! :icon_thumleft: Maybe the field has been hunted before. Maybe not. Personally, I suspect that it has - can't believe a ballfield could stay unhunted. But, either way, work that field for all you're worth. That way you can have even more great days. :hello2:

Congrats.

If your finding coins like that I'd pound it all year long. I hunted one a few years ago and been hunting it for over a year and still not done with it. If your finding the oldies don't stop. There may be a lot more ::)

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH. You've found a gold mine. I would be doing it early morning when the ground is moist and when there is know one around. :thumbsup:

Well, heck yeah!
Pound the crap out of that place. I'll bet there are plenty more merc's to be found. Could be it never has been hunted. Especially, if it's a rural area.

-Swartzie

Hey Debbie, you bring up an interesting point!! I coin shoot a huge inner city housing project (probably 50 acres or so) that has been demolished so they can put in some condos. I belong to a club that suppostedly has exclusive right to hunt there. Yea right!!! Well when I first started watching some of the members finds on the club website, I noticed that a lot of silver came out of there. But now, not so much. I guarantee you that I could go there tommorrow and find all the coins my back would allow me to dig. Seems some of the old timers don't want to dig pennies, and just skip over them. But on the other hand, the last time I was there I found six dimes that were clad, but could have as easily been silver. Who knows :icon_scratch: I'm still a :newbie: so if it shows up as a coin it will be dug. Just my two cents!!!
BTW where you hunting this week, Africa?

When I find wheaties I hunt that place as much as I can. So if I was you I would hunt it until you think you have hunted it all. Then hunt it again.....Matt

Well I went back for another 71 coins today! I think that is the point where my back breaks! lol Only 6 wheaties today AND a silver rosie. You can bet i'm going back again!!! And btw, I'm practically in my back yard hunting!

depend on what detector your using if your use your mine lab your doing good i would go back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back