What's new

Do you think this will be worth it today?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2012
Messages
1,542
Reaction score
314
Golden Thread
0
Location
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm itching for treasure, and metal detecting has been skunked the past few days. I went scoping on gravel roads yesterday and came across a public hunting grounds wooded area. I was thinking of putting my orange vest on and going out to look around for old bottles or stuff like that maybe like trash pits because people have probably been hunting in there for a long time? Do you think it is a waste of time, or might be worth the try?
 
It's never a waste of time searching for treasures! Being out in the woods is priceless!
 
I would not go in the woods where I know people are hunting. Lots of time and effort goes in to deer hunting just as it does the metal detecting. It is probably not illegal but will sure be frowned upon. Give them a little room and the hunting season will be over before long.:icon_thumleft:
 
I would not go in the woods where I know people are hunting. Lots of time and effort goes in to deer hunting just as it does the metal detecting. It is probably not illegal but will sure be frowned upon. Give them a little room and the hunting season will be over before long.:icon_thumleft:

I don't believe there is hunters. I've checked for cars or ATV's and haven't seen anything showing signs. If I see hunters i'm of course going to be courtious.. Going out now. Wish me luck. Taking my relic hunting pitbull cinnamon with me, hopefully she sniffs out some bottles.
 
I don't believe there is hunters. I've checked for cars or ATV's and haven't seen anything showing signs. If I see hunters i'm of course going to be courtious.. Going out now. Wish me luck. Taking my relic hunting pitbull cinnamon with me, hopefully she sniffs out some bottles.
Watch out old Cinnamon don't sniff out a Skunk!!:laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • SKUNK.webp
    SKUNK.webp
    12 KB · Views: 160
Hey bro I know you have your mind already made up. Normally I wouldnt get involved but I woud hate to see that puppie get hurt. In alot of states and I dont know where you are dump hunting but as a hunter myself I would never shoot a dog or a cat because it is probably someones babie, but it is perfectly legal to shoot a dog that is running deer during hunting season. I never chance my animals in the woods on days of hunting season. Wait for a sunday if the hunting in your state prohibits hunting on such days. Just some advice to friend
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom