What's new

Do you use all metal mode with LST?

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I've been using my Lobo Super Traq in discriminator mode to hunt coins, jewelry, etc. How many of ya'll hunt in all metal mode? Why and what are you hunting? Thanks Steve
 
Thank Sandman , That was a great artical and really helped explain a lot. Thanks Again, steve
 
Steve,

Glad you liked the article. I wrote that quite a few years ago. For those interested, the location I was hunting was around Meadeview and Gold Basin AZ. The two nuggets found during the field test were found on the Meadeview side.

BTW, I still have that LST.

Reg
 
Just to add that I use the all metal mode in dry sand at the beach as well, because I find gold chains the Minelab Sovereigns, Excaliburs and CTX 3030's walk over. Just something else to think about. The other advantage of All Metal with the LST when coin shooting is depth! It will hit a silver dime at 9" with no problem, discriminating out iron, it walks right over it.
 
Would you use all metal mode in an old park for coins? What would you set discrimination at? Thanks steve
 
If you use all metal in a park, your going to have to go over the areas that you hunt several times. Once to skim off the shallow iron/foil/canslaw, then at least once more to get the deeper signals. If you think there are really deep targets, section off a small area using markers, then use the above technique. That way the more times you go over the area, you keep getting it cleaner and cleaner after each pass. Then you'll eventually start hitting the deep stuff.
Once you get the trash cleaned out and your soil isn't too minerlized, try switching to the 9" concentric coil, or the 10x12 widescan. If conditions are right, they might find some things that the 10" elliptical missed.
 
Last edited:
Would you use all metal mode in an old park for coins? What would you set discrimination at? Thanks steve

I have. Many times I hunt in All Metal, and test the target strength first by raising the coil till the signal weakens or disappears. Then I will sometimes switch to Discriminate, and thumb it to 4 or 5 to see if I can still get it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom