What's new

Does any one know..

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If in the CW the soldiers (Union in this case) used any type of Wooden style Pencil . I know they had mechanical types .

The other day I found a wooden type pencil in a CW camp area that looks real old with the bottom piece that would hold the eraser made of pretty sturdy Brass with a neat design as well.

Just Curios ,

Thanks for any help.

Davers
 
You might also try the "what is i"t section those guys probably have one.
 
Thanks guys i'm slowly figuring this out'
Davers
 
would love to see a picture of it. Never even thought about it. cool find.
 
Out of a 411 page Civil War identification guide I have, I didn't see any pencils like that. However, there was Mexican made stick matches that looks very similar to one. That would be a great find and the fact that it did not deteriorate would be really something.
 

Attachments

  • 20140115_222721.webp
    20140115_222721.webp
    9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20140115_222738.webp
    20140115_222738.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20140115_222747.webp
    20140115_222747.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom