Does any one use a Fisher Pinpointer??

About an inch is normal. I have never used a Garrett but everybody swears by them.

Why would you want it to detect from further than that? If it had more range, you would never know where the target was.

I use a Detector Pro pistol probe. Go to you tube and you can see air test of the different brands and reviews.

RESET said:
Why would you want it to detect from further than that? If it had more range, you would never know where the target was.

If sounds increase in loudness or tone the closer you get to object, even if it was 6" away that would be awesome. Don't think of it as one tone (on or off).

Fisher pinpointer is ok for a freebie,one inch is normal. It's good for finding targets after you dig. If you detect alot,and have the money go with the Garrett. After you narrow down the area with your detector,you can use the garrett to pinpoint Before and after you dig. I have used the Whites,harborfreight,Fisher,and automax pinpointers,the Garrett blows them all away.

Love my Garrett. Sure makes finds easier and less time digging targets!

Those are about the numbers I get with my Garrett without the coin hack.

I use the Garrett too, it works great and saves a ton of time. I would have missed a ring without it; it was in a clog of dirt and I never saw it. And that's why I check and check before filling the hole back in.

Yeah about an inch is the most you're gonna get! That is the norm- but it's better than no pin pointer at all I guess.

I have one for now too, but I can tell you the Garrett is the stuff! I plan on getting one but it's pricey though- $127 is the cheapest I've seen them, and that's about half the cost of another decent low end detector (F2 or Ace 250 maybe)!

When I started out all I had was the Fischer Pinpointer and I thought it worked great. I kept seeing everybody talking about the Garrett ProPointer on the forums. So I saved up my money and bought one. Since I have the Garrett I
Have never used the Fischer for the exception of using it for a loaner for friends that want to go out and try MDing with me.
Once you try the Garrett you will never go back!

i too use the fisher pin pointer and i did the mod trick from you tube and im getting just over 1 inch and for a free item i will not complain but i too am saving up for a garret pointer every one i talk to even the fisher dealer i called to ask questions about my f2 told me to get a garret pro pointer but for a freebie its pretty good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back