What's new

DOES ANYBODY USE TEKNETICS?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
2,223
Reaction score
783
Golden Thread
0
Location
SOMEWHERE
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just started doing some research on the teknetics omega 8000 and it sounds like a great machine a real good silver killer is this true anybody use one or teknetics brand in general if so how are they hows the customer service any info would be appreciated thanks.
 
I use a G2 Teknetics. Like it. Teknetics is part of the First Texas Products which owns Fisher and Bounty Hunter as well. The Omega is virturally identical to mine except for the electronics inside. Very light weight as well. Best of luck:icon_thumleft:
 
thanks is the g2 better than the omega or is it just small differences
 
Check the Teknetics forum on here. I have the G2 and with it's higher frequency it was designed as a gold detector and excels at finding the lower conductive metal such as gold, lead, nickle, etc. The Omega operates at a lower frequency and will hit silver harder at a deeper depth more than likely. Then again the G2 has dual processors and will separate targets better which can give it an edge in trashier areas.
 
im really starting to like the reviews of the omega thanks for the response
 
can anyone help with the vdi numbers on the omega what means what?
 
I just took one of each coin modern and silver did an air test and wrote them on a reverence card until I committed them to memory. Indian heads read different than more modern copper and zincs etc. Silver reads one or two above clad. Large cent is about where a quarter is (on G2). I dig all signals from small ring up most of the time anyway. Hope you like your new toy. Best of luck. :icon_thumleft:
 
I really don't know much about the G2 or 8000, but I have the T2 Se, which is a fantastic detector, finding coins, over the same ground I went over with the ETRAC. Been using the ETRAC for several years, but have switched to the T2.

beerbarrel
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom