What's new

Does anyone have thoughts and opinions on reclamation dredging?

Its nice they are cleaning up the waterways from the awful lead and mercury contamination.
I cannot understand why anyone would be opposed to this.
 
A GREAT BIG SALUTE to the people at PLP for their get-r- done attitude and now California and soon other West Coast states will be back to suction dredging according to the laws in place ! Now is our time to show them we CAN do it like it is supposed to be done !
 
I really tickled to see this return to being O.K. !!

A GREAT BIG SALUTE to the people at PLP for their get-r- done attitude and now California and soon other West Coast states will be back to suction dredging according to the laws in place ! Now is our time to show them we CAN do it like it is supposed to be done !
I'm not so sure this is "OK" with California, the PLP telling it's members this was the way to get back to dredging was back in 2021, 4 years ago, if it was determined that it's OK with California we would of heard of many dredges back in the water, not just this one!!

It wouldn't surprise me if these guys don't get visited by LEOs and possibly issued a citation for illegal dredging!!
 
It was / is a Suprise to me to just now reading it ! Needs more investigating on my part to check it out ! I can't dredge anymore due to health problems BUT I loved it when I got out to different states to dredge and I meet lots of great people !
 
Here is a substantial amount of information about it:

Go into Google, and paste this in: "On August 24, 2024, Mr. Tucker Clements was issued a citation for an alleged violation of Section 5653(a) of the California Fish and Game Code. Section 5653(a) states:"

Then hit Search.
 
Here is a substantial amount of information about it:

Go into Google, and paste this in: "On August 24, 2024, Mr. Tucker Clements was issued a citation for an alleged violation of Section 5653(a) of the California Fish and Game Code. Section 5653(a) states:"

Then hit Search.
Thanks for this info, here's a link to the PLP newsletter announcing the dismissal in court for the reclamation dredger Tucker Clements.

Keep in mind this case didn't set a precedent because it never was tried in court, a dismissal doesn't set a precedent.

 
Last edited:
A GREAT BIG SALUTE to the people at PLP for their get-r- done attitude and now California and soon other West Coast states will be back to suction dredging according to the laws in place ! Now is our time to show them we CAN do it like it is supposed to be done !
I've been hearing of a club in Washington that has started doing this. Not sure how it's going for them. Probably just fine now that there's been a downsizing of the DOI.
 
I've been hearing of a club in Washington that has started doing this. Not sure how it's going for them. Probably just fine now that there's been a downsizing of the DOI.
Research the DOI "Streamline" documents to start with. The "State" court may take any agency filing and then overturn or more likely dismiss.
 
Everything you want to know. If you are in CA OR or WA you should sign up. This is only place far as I know that is working toward getting us our rights back.

 
I’m not giving PLP any more money.
 
Then who's going to fight for our 1872 ming law right's ? Unfortunately , the trend has been most people want someone else to do it for them !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom