What's new

Does anyone know anything about this old purple bottle?

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a age and use. Any help would be appreciated. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 183.webp
    what are they relics 183.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 572
  • what are they relics 186.webp
    what are they relics 186.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 537
  • what are they relics 187.webp
    what are they relics 187.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 530
Common utility bottle, late 1800 to early 1900, deep amethyst color has been forced by intense irradiation.
 
Value?
 
Let's say you might see something like this in a shop with a 10 or 12 dollar sticker, especially if it was wet shiny mint. If it was clear glass, not purple, it probably would be left behind at the dump. More and more I see these clear pieces, artificially colored purple by irradiation. So be it. At the end of the day, they are just common pieces, not particularly valuable. But it does look good in a window, and that's the essence of its value.....
 
Got one similar. Mine says HEALTH SPECIALIST and SPROULE on it.
 

Attachments

  • b1.webp
    b1.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 382
I've got the top stem to a purple bottle out in my truck that look like it'd match yours. I found it up in North Florida at an old home site which dates back to the Seminole War where my ex used to live. Your complete bottle looks even more beautiful then I thought mine would look if it were complete...

Bran <><
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom