Does anyone know what section my post was moved to regarding why I CRH?

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the people that run this site like to move post to other sub-forums to suit there need to bring alive almost dead forums.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look in your profile for your posts, Or give me the title, i'll look.
If you click your name you should see View Forum Posts

was it about precious metal prices /
if it was look under precious metal price.

Sorry but there are those that report everything that is not directly related to coin roll hunting.

And sorry but I can't fault them in most cases.

Why you CRH should have been allowed but I don't personally know Why you do
so ?

Last edited:

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look in your profile for your posts, Or give me the title, i'll look.
If you click your name you should see View Forum Posts

was it about precious metal prices /
if it was look under precious metal price.

Sorry but there are those that report everything that is not directly related to coin roll hunting.

And sorry but I can't fault them in most cases

How can the price of silver and such not be related to CRHing???????

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:dontknow: I ask myself that regularly :laughing7:

If you's could keep it down to one long thread I'd be willing to ignore the reports,
but if it gets to top 10 threads are about silver prices, I can understand the complaints

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look in Stocks, Investments & Markets, I moved it there..................... It is more related to Investments and Markets than it is about CRH....

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are partially about CRH, I say they should stay in CRH's forum.

Topics generally overlap - such as "foreign currency"

Seriously people.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are partially about CRH, I say they should stay in CRH's forum.

Topics generally overlap - such as "foreign currency"

Seriously people.

Your entitled to your opinion, but as moderators it is our job to move posts where we feel they best belong.....We have been doing this for a long time...........

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

How can the price of silver and such not be related to Precious Metals? It is about the placing the threads in the most appropriate forum.

People buy coins - should be moved to Coins forum. Coins aren't found, but they are just bought.
People want to talk politics - ask Obi how that worked for him.
People want to talk about silver markets - should be moved to Precious Metals
People want to talk about currency - They aren't coins. The forum is called Coin Roll Hunting for a reason. There is a Paper Currency forum.

etc.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guise there aint no people in other forums so I have an idea, we could move threads from here to there to stir ups trafic!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, take a hint - I am not the Vocal minority - I am joe regular. I NEVER had such an issue with threads being moved on any other forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, take a hint - I am not the Vocal minority - I am joe regular. I NEVER had such an issue with threads being moved on any other forum.

Since your new here maybe you were not aware but we have been moving posts to the most appropriate forums since long before I got here 6+ years ago. TN is the original and oldest treasure website on the net and I venture to say we have more sub forums than 99.9% of the other websites, maybe the other sites didn't have the appropriate forums, maybe they didn't want to catalog their threads, maybe they didn't want to hassle with it, who knows, we only know and care about how we do it here.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not an expert in web design and I am not an expert in customer service.

Something about Uprooting honest conversation erks me.

Couldn't you simply duplicate the conversation and add it to the PM folder? OR a hyperlink? Their has got to be a more elegant solution.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not an expert in web design and I am not an expert in customer service.

Something about Uprooting honest conversation erks me.

Couldn't you simply duplicate the conversation and add it to the PM folder? OR a hyperlink? Their has got to be a more elegant solution.

What works best is thread is started in most appropriate forum to begin with. If the main emphasis of the post isn't about coin roll hunting then it doesn't belong in the CRH forum...CTH is a specialized forum strictly about coin roll hunting.

We get reports about threads not being about CRH posted in the CRH forum from multiple members if we leave threads alone they are complaining they don't belong there and rightfully so.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a thought, but do people seriously have nothing better to do than complain to the mods about a post "not belonging"? I could understand if there were TONS of these posts getting in our way or if they were just completely unrelated whatsoever. But if it's one here or there that only half belongs or gets off topic slightly, just choose not to read that particular forum. Complainers....you have no life & you need to get one fast! I wish I had all day to worry about making complaints about this forum but most of us on here actually have to work for a living. And even those that don't, they put their time & energy into actually working to find something in their coin rolls or md or whatever they find interesting. I'd suggest you do the same. Have a great day everyone!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread