What's new

Does anyone recognize this button? Military?

Dr Plugs

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
162
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Hi all, I found this button yesterday, at a homesite that I wasn't really able to tell exact age of.

My guess would be 1860s through the early 1900s. The button has 2 horses with an eagle above them. It is a Waterbury button. At first before I gave it a good cleaning I thought it was a michigan militia button, but once cleaned I noticed it Is different.

Just wondering now if it is just a civilian button or military.
 

Attachments

  • 20240414_091240.webp
    20240414_091240.webp
    864.1 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 4
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I did a little searching and I believe this button is a pennsylvania militia button. I found one that matches exactly.
 

Attachments

  • 20240414_091240.webp
    20240414_091240.webp
    864.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20240414_094642_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20240414_094642_Samsung Internet.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 60
I did a little searching and I believe this button is a pennsylvania militia button. I found one that matches exactly.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom