What's new

Does the Whites Bullseye TRX Pin Pointer have 360 detection pattern on the complete

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doe's the Whites Bullseye TRX Pin Pointer have 360 detection pattern on the complete

Doe's the Whites Bullseye TRX Pin Pointer have the 360 detection pattern that detects on the complete lower shaft?
i'm trying to decide between this one and the Minelab Pro pin pointer. I have the Garrett Pro. And it was great, for a
short while. Then the vibrator started to staying on all the time. When turned on to use. I"m going to switch to another
company that makes apin pointer that doe's not have this flaw in it. Which do you think would be a better choose?
The Whites TRX or the Minelab Pro?
Thanks for any in put.........RoadQuest :occasion14:
 
There are several threads in this forum and others as well as the whites forum that go over all the very cool thing this does that the others do not. The tip is where it is most sensitive unlike the the ProPointer. There is some sensitivity at the side of the shaft but mostly at the tip so as not to confuse where the target is located.. it is under the tip.. ;-)

Other threads are in the Metal Detecting forum, tool shed and even a few others
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/402363-trx-target-recovery-xcellence.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tool-shed/396416-white-s-new-pinpointer.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/401962-post-your-links-trx-reviews-field-tests.html
 
Last edited:
I suggest you check out the Vibraprobe. It is only sensitive at the tip. It turns itself on. It turns itself off. It is totally waterproof. It is a PI unit. What else can you ask for? Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
here is something new this morning also.
 
DANG!

should've tried the TRX....... :BangHead:
 
Here is more---http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jR-AuJMZP7I
 
Thanks Doug, Yes, I will check these.I wonder why they would only put "some" sensitivity in the side. I would think full or no sensitivity.

Electronics does not work that way. When you have a sensor circuit, the closer you get, the more it picks up. Yes you can incorporate a limiting circuit, but it would apply in every direction. yes you could add shielding, but that just might affect the pickup also. And all the extra parts raise the cost of parts and manufacturing time and effort.
There are tradeoffs in the design process. Frank... now go back and reread my original post!
111-1 profile.webp
 
The comparison of the TRX and the gpp's sensing, is that the area of sensing on the TRX is more tip oriented like the minelab and Vulcan than with the gpp which is full shaft oriented. It makes for a more refined search, and with the ratchet down feature it becomes very fast and easy. The gpp will sense almost up the shaft to the switch which hinders the search. Whites definitely did their homework on this one.
 
Electronics does not work that way. When you have a sensor circuit, the closer you get, the more it picks up. Yes you can incorporate a limiting circuit, but it would apply in every direction. yes you could add shielding, but that just might affect the pickup also. And all the extra parts raise the cost of parts and manufacturing time and effort. There are tradeoffs in the design process. Frank... now go back and reread my original post! View attachment 955425

Thank you, But I have no reason to go back and read your post. I am fully aware of what you wrote. even if it did not answer my quesion.
 
The comparison of the TRX and the gpp's sensing, is that the area of sensing on the TRX is more tip oriented like the minelab and Vulcan than with the gpp which is full shaft oriented. It makes for a more refined search, and with the ratchet down feature it becomes very fast and easy. The gpp will sense almost up the shaft to the switch which hinders the search. Whites definitely did their homework on this one.

I have had time to do some more research. And I agree. White's got the job done, with the TRX.
 
I"m going to switch to another
company that makes apin pointer that doe's not have this flaw in it. Which do you think would be a better choose?

Thanks for any in put.........RoadQuest
---------------------------------------------------------------------hand print-2_edited-5.webp

I answered your question But I think it went by you. Frank...
 
Let me get this straight. You have a probe...that won't stop vibrating.
Don't get us started Roadquest....lol.
 
I"m going to switch to another company that makes apin pointer that doe's not have this flaw in it. Which do you think would be a better choose? Thanks for any in put.........RoadQuest ----------------------------------------- ----------------------------View attachment 956072 I answered your question But I think it went by you. Frank...

You answered a question, not mine. But,Thanks for trying anyway.
 
I own 3 Garrett Pro Pointers and have also used the Minelab Pro find. Although I have had limited use with the Whites TRX I feel that it outperforms both the Garrett and Minelab. Has a couple great features. We will see how well it holds up and what issues may arise.
 
I bought one of the [FONT=arial, helvetica, geneva, sans-serif]Vulcan 360 Pinpointers. The price was great. But, the pinpointer was a disapointment . The deaph was no where near that of My Garrett. The sound was to low. And the vibration was weak.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, geneva, sans-serif]The Garrett even with it's issues .is a far better unit. I saw a youtude of the vulcam. This guy has to be working for them. It's just not what they say it is. I have seem some very cheap units, that performed better.[/FONT]
 
I bought one of the [FONT=arial, helvetica, geneva, sans-serif]Vulcan 360 Pinpointers. The price was great. But, the pinpointer was a disapointment . The deaph was no where near that of My Garrett. The sound was to low. And the vibration was weak.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, geneva, sans-serif]The Garrett even with it's issues .is a far better unit. I saw a youtude of the vulcam. This guy has to be working for them. It's just not what they say it is. I have seem some very cheap units, that performed better.[/FONT]

Send it back and get a TRX, not that loud, vibrations not a strong as garrett (or so i have read) but you will be doing a happy dance pinpointing coins at 3-4 inches depending on the soil!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom