What's new

Does this look like a double strike?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
5,576
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking through some old photos and came across this one. Double strike?
20190221_143842.webp
 
A double strike would be a coin that was actually struck twice, I am not seeing any evidence of this. It is a slightly mis-aligned die strike, this caused the odd rim on the left side of the coin.
 
Last edited:
A double strike would be a coin that was actually struck twice, I am not seeing any evidence of this. It is a slightly mis-aligned die strike, this caused the odd rim on the left side of the coin.
Thanks. Kinda glad because I have no idea where that coin is now. Would that be considered a mint error? Somewhere I also have a penny that is half blank and a couple completely blank .
 
A double strike would be a coin that was actually struck twice, I am not seeing any evidence of this. It is a slightly mis-aligned die strike, this caused the odd rim on the left side of the coin.
I gree wit ya on dis. I donut think it is werth more money seems lick it happens freequenly.
 
Thanks. Kinda glad because I have no idea where that coin is now. Would that be considered a mint error? Somewhere I also have a penny that is half blank and a couple completely blank .
I wouldn't really consider it a mint error, the dies just weren't lined up perfectly when set up.
 
Happens frequently. Marginal value. 2x - 5x face value is typical. The more extreme the misalignment, generally the greater value to an interested collector.

Time for more coffee.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom