sonnyjam Full Member Joined Jan 18, 2009 Messages 110 Reaction score 63 Golden Thread 0 Jan 5, 2010 #1 I found this off the coast of Maine while metal detecting last year. The diamonds are real. Does it look to be old or modern. Thanks. Attachments DSCF4844.webp 23.1 KB · Views: 385 DSCF4845.webp 50.5 KB · Views: 372 DSCF4846.webp 29.4 KB · Views: 380 DSCF4847.webp 46.5 KB · Views: 371 DSCF4848.webp 34.1 KB · Views: 377
I found this off the coast of Maine while metal detecting last year. The diamonds are real. Does it look to be old or modern. Thanks.
sniffer Gold Member Joined Dec 31, 2006 Messages 5,911 Reaction score 62 Golden Thread 0 Location Kansas Detector(s) used Minelab Manticore Jan 5, 2010 #2 from the style and workmanship, I'd say old and handmade. Take it in and get it appraised Upvote 0
Breezie Gold Member Joined Oct 3, 2009 Messages 6,278 Reaction score 2,120 Golden Thread 1 Location North Carolina 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 5, 2010 #3 Old, new, or indifferent, it's still a great ring & find, and should be appraised. Breezie Upvote 0
Chris_Odom Full Member Joined Dec 18, 2009 Messages 114 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location New Orleans Jan 5, 2010 #4 awsome find that is a great ring. it is surely real diamonds judging from the breath holes, and with the amount of detail I would say the gold is real too. I'm not sure about the age but it looks very valueable. great find. Upvote 0
awsome find that is a great ring. it is surely real diamonds judging from the breath holes, and with the amount of detail I would say the gold is real too. I'm not sure about the age but it looks very valueable. great find.
SkyPirate Bronze Member Joined Mar 31, 2009 Messages 1,861 Reaction score 83 Golden Thread 0 Location Raleigh North Carolina Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2010 #5 Never seen a ring with screws in it, looks old to me. Upvote 0
vulcan007 Full Member Joined Dec 4, 2007 Messages 103 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Jan 6, 2010 #6 old but not too old (post 1900) Upvote 0
dozer dan Hero Member Joined Jan 14, 2008 Messages 907 Reaction score 602 Golden Thread 0 Location PNW Primary Interest: Other Jan 7, 2010 #7 since the diamonds are real, im sure they are very, very, very, very, very, ect. old. Upvote 0
dg39 Bronze Member Joined Mar 30, 2006 Messages 1,869 Reaction score 46 Golden Thread 0 Location Deep in the swamps of Louisiana.. Detector(s) used Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 7, 2010 #8 I would place it in the 1920-30 time period, based on items I have delt with before. DG Upvote 0