What's new

Does this offend you???

Normally, when folks ask where did you find that, in most cases, they are not expecting you to divulge the exact location. They are interested in the general site such as an older home, at the beach, in a local park, in a campground in a near by town, etc...

I am sure that there are some folks that would love to know exactly where you found an item, but in most cases thy are interested in the general location.

Just my two cents.

Ray S
 
I do not pry

I do not divulge

:occasion18: na na nan nan na na


;D
 
I enjoy hunting with others and I always share my spots with my hunting partner, I have no reason to be selfish, I enjoy seeing him find goodies as well as me. It makes it more pleasurable to be able to share the hunt with a good friend
 
If it is a real productive spot, probably not. After I have hunted it really well, perhaps. It's not really being stingy but enjoying a good area to detect as long as possible since good spots are being outlawed by the government all the time.
 
Farmercal said:
If it is a real productive spot, probably not. After I have hunted it really well, perhaps. It's not really being stingy but enjoying a good area to detect as long as possible since good spots are being outlawed by the government all the time.

Huh? What is Gov’t doing? My list of ‘Must Hunts’ don’t have a single location that government has a say in. How can they affect our hunts?
Admittedly, I say that NOT living near a beach or in an urban area.

All I need to hunt is the ability to smile and ask a landowner…..and I have NO hang-ups with that!
 
If everyone divulged their spots...
there would only be a hand full of people doing any research for everyone.

after a while there would be no new research and very few doing the hobby.

Cause and effect,
there are however quite a few of us and most trust the research they do.
The research others do is applauded but your own is undeniable and trustworthy.

Personally my spots belong to me and my partner.
in this I share all.
To others... Best of luck.

Thom
 
I use to share my spots but it got to every time I went back to a formerly good spot I'd find 2 or 4 others there hunting. So, I no longer share unless it is a close hunting buddy. Since I don't "kiss and tell" I find that several people of the same mind set have shared with me. I always ask if they have a problem with me going back alone but would not take anyone to a friend's spot without permission. Let's face it there are getting to be less and less really productive spots. Lots of spots, but some are just not productive in spite of all the research for some reason. And I am very careful about hunting around restricted areas because I do not like the thought of being in jail and possibly losing my expensive equipment. My dad had a saying about folks that got into trouble for something they knew was illegal. He'd say, "Well, that'll stop them from sucking eggs"! LOL ! You'd have to be a country boy or girl to know what he meant. Monty
 
Gary in Pennsylvania said:
Another question from the newbie Gary.

Re: Does this offend you???

My Myers-Briggs Personality Type is an ENTP.
I'm very outgoing yet can be fiercely competitive.

I'm not offended by that at all. That's the same "type" I was codified as. But I fooled them; sometimes I'm a "J" instead of a "P". :D

Sure, I share my spots and parks. Two guys can hunt the same spot and each find or miss as their detecting style allows. I have hunted right behind other detectorists at parks and hit dimes and quarters. I'm sure they've done the same to me. No one gets 100%. You just can't be that thorough and the conditions will change with soil moisture, presense of sunbathing bikinis, sunspots, etc.

Who you gonna compete WITH if you go alone all the time? :thumbsup:
 
BuckleBoy said:
steve71 said:
damn if you werent such a tight wad i'd share my locations.lol.some people are just greedy,not that you are the 2 year old thats says mine all mine.lol.hope that dont offend you.just threw in a pic some local finds not all.

What the hell kind of a reply was that?


And why the finds photos?
well its sounds like he is a loner and is one of them mders that give you the go to hell look when your in there area.thats what it sounded like to me .do you understand now?what you dont like pics?


::)
 
steve71 said:
well its sounds like he is a loner and is one of them mders that give you the go to hell look when your in there area.thats what it sounded like to me .do you understand now?what you dont like pics?


::)


So? That's not the point of his post. And attacking him personally or playing yourself up by posting photos of your finds on his thread is not a very nice thing to do. I was a loner for the first 10 years I hunted. And even though I hunt with buddies now, I still don't post where I make my finds. :P


-Buckles
 
Damn embedded quotes......I can't tell who said what. <grin!>



And why the finds photos?
Hey.......I wanna see pics of finds no matter WHERE they're posted! I dig it! (no pun intended!)



well its sounds like he is a loner
I sorta cannot argue.
There are dozens of spots in my area that I believe (Maybe I'm naive on some, but others I KNOW are virgin) are gonna be H-O-T!
Damn skippy - they're mine......all by my loner self. Till I've exhausted either my own abilities or my MXT's abilities (I betcha I'll miss more than the MXT <grin!>) THEN, I'll share the spot.


There are still yet other spots that I have already researched and I won't go hit 'em without first calling along some fellow TN'ers. I know Jeff in Pa is on the edge of convenience.....but he and at least two others are close enough to me that I'd like to invite them along on a few spots.




and is one of them mders that give you the go to hell look when your in there area.
LOL! No biggie - ya don't know me. I'd NEVER do that. I may be competitive but I am entirely humble. Not a SINGLE one of my 'Must Hunt' spots is a truly 'public' place. If you're there too.....don't get creeped out If I come over and shake your hand! What thoughts did you have the brought you here? Lemme tell you the research I did....we'll compare - It's likely that I have stuff you don't and vice-versa.
But no......I'm not gonna hold your hand and lead you to these sites myself.
Hats off to you and whatever motivated you to hunt here.



thats what it sounded like to me .
That's cool. I'm new here. But I'm an extremely honest guy. It is what it is. I appreciate you for your guts to speak your mind. Kudos brother!



what you don't like pics?
See above.....share 'em in you got 'em! It's Gods thunder, not mine....so you ain't stealin' nuthin' from me! <grin!>


-
 
Hi Gary. I feel the same way as you do. This is why I won't join a MD club. The MD clubs always sponsor hunting competitions, so one might think that such a competitive guy as you would be drawn to these comps. I'm even more paranoid than you. If and when I find a productive area or a cache, I won't tell anyone ever. Period. Same thing with my treasure research. I don't share anything about that, either.
Too bad it has to be this way, but there have always been claims jumpers. Just a part of human nature. So be it.
 
You and I are thinkin' alike Massbay!
It's not so much that I want to find MORE, or finish first, or even be the center of attention....

But if I'm doing the research, If I'm securing the permission, If I'm following up on my hunches, .......I'll get first (and thorough!) crack at it!

And even though I'd be thrilled to find a merc......IF I ever ever found a true CACHE......I'd be afraid to share info about it. 'Claims Jumpers' or permission givers reneging etc...


I am EXCITED about sharing my reseach techniques as it can be applied to other MD'ers in THEIR geographic area....but I won't share everything until I've hunted those areas that my research and gut say "You m-u-s-t hunt this!". THOSE sites aren't too many - but it isn't like I have a boatload of time on my hand!

Now - If I see you in one of those 'researched areas'.....kudos to you man! I'll tell ya what I know!


-
 
BuckleBoy said:
steve71 said:
well its sounds like he is a loner and is one of them mders that give you the go to hell look when your in there area.thats what it sounded like to me .do you understand now?what you dont like pics?


::)


So? That's not the point of his post. And attacking him personally or playing yourself up by posting photos of your finds on his thread is not a very nice thing to do. I was a loner for the first 10 years I hunted. And even though I hunt with buddies now, I still don't post where I make my finds. :P


-Buckles
thats the point i got.attacking him personaly i did no such thing. i never said gary your %$%^%^&^& never.and i dont think he took it personaly.your falt you were a loner for 10yrs.i post where i find things,it dont bother me at all.
 
I don't let people offend me. If I have a public place to MD, then I say grab your detector and join me. If I have a privite place and someone finds out about it, then what can I do to change it? Nothing. Am I offended? Why should I waste my time being offended about some one elses actions? I just move on with life to enjoy what little is left. I have a code of ethics about life that does not let me get offended at other people that don't live by a code. They will go away if they realize that you do not get offended by them. Stress, who needs it? If that's what other people want, let them have at it.
 
steve71 said:
thats the point i got.attacking him personaly - i did no such thing. i never said gary you're a %$%^%^&^& Never. And i don't think he took it personally.
Nope.....Not at all. I appreciate it more if someone is open and honest with me than if they lie to me.



steve71 said:
your fault you were a loner for 10yrs.
That is a choice.....not a fault.





Seamuss said:
I don't let people offend me. ..... Why should I waste my time being offended about some one elses actions? I just move on with life to enjoy what little is left. I have a code of ethics about life that does not let me get offended at other people that don't live by a code.
<grin!>
You da MAN!
See quote #1 of my sigline.
Substitute inferior with any word you like. No one can make me feel sad, stressed out, angry, happy, etc ... without my consent.
 
steve71 said:
your falt you were a loner for 10yrs.


Maybe you should watch how you say things. You trying to insult me? Or did you just not understand what I wrote?


Nevermind. Don't even bother replying. ::)



Next time you start a topic I'm going to fill up your post with MY finds. :D :wink:
 
I Love to see everyone's finds and I Love sharing mine,I don't want to know where the general area is they came from,but do like hearing some info of what kind of site,just adds to the History of the find.

I will only share my sites with a few people and when i do take them,i expect them to not to return unless there in my Company and vice versa.

Nova Treasure
 
Pertaining to the 'Saga of the Young Turks' enjoy your solitude

To me the pleasure of the hunt is sharing finds and chatter among
friends. Those memories last far longer than the the solitary 'whoopee'.

lastleg
 
lastleg said:
Pertaining to the 'Saga of the Young Turks' enjoy your solitude

To me the pleasure of the hunt is sharing finds and chatter among
friends. Those memories last far longer than the the solitary 'whoopee'.

lastleg

LOL!

Solitude, Loner, almost 'outcast'?! :icon_scratch:
Many folks here are re-inventing the OP. Stating it from a far-from-true perspective.


No matter - I'm enjoying watching how further misconstrued this thread can be dragged!


Oh - and BTW.........I don't share Hot Wings either.
Threaten to take my wings? Dems is fightin' words!

I looooooove me some good hot wings!




<grin!>
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom