Does this sub-forum not get as much action because most stuff get’s posted in “todays finds”?

gettothepoints

Apr 29, 2022
PA
I am new here so forgive me if I am totally missing something. It looks like this board isnt that active as the others? I just figured that so many people hunting points and whatnot that this would be full of new posts daily? Do most people just post in ‘today’s finds” unless they have a very specific question? None of this really matters, I was just curious if I was missing something. Fear of Missing Out I guess, lol

Upvote 4

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I agree it’s slower than normal. I usually post every week but winter is usually my best time of the year cause you won’t find many people looking in creeks when it’s 32 degrees give or take. Summer comes and everyone and his brother is out looking. I’m waiting on some fields to get turned then I’m out again. So I do work around the house until that comes.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not a real busy forum, mostly the same folks with a few others checking in now & them. I like this one best & visit a few other forums very seldom. A lot of regulars seemed to have moved on maybe to busier sites.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a real busy forum, mostly the same folks with a few others checking in now & them. I like this one best & visit a few other forums very seldom. A lot of regulars seemed to have moved on maybe to busier sites.
There are more Indian artifacts posted here than any other sub forum.

Traffic on all forums is down, not just TreasureNet, It is the curse of Facebook, lot of artifact pages full of junk. I do not post on FB artifact pages, too many people arguing their mother nature made rocks as real artifacts or their "potable" art rocks are actually real.

I prefer to be where true infian artfact experts are, we have some really knowledgeable artifact people here, over 3,000 years of true collecting experience.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am new here so forgive me if I am totally missing something. It looks like this board isnt that active as the others? I just figured that so many people hunting points and whatnot that this would be full of new posts daily? Do most people just post in ‘today’s finds” unless they have a very specific question? None of this really matters, I was just curious if I was missing something. Fear of Missing Out I guess, lol
Welcome new here.

How many Native artifacts do you post a month? And should others post more or less than you?
Active by advertising by posting isn't anywhere near being active in the field.
That said ; plenty of posts exist.
Post count also doesn't mean more posts elsewhere containing rocks described by certain finders as being actual relics are actual relics. A contention that make certain other sites suck .

OP
OP
G

gettothepoints

Apr 29, 2022
PA
You can post your arrowhead finds here or in today’s finds. This is where the hard core head hunters hang. Many yrs of experience here dealing with NA artifacts.
Yes, there is a ton of great info in here!
I agree it’s slower than normal. I usually post every week but winter is usually my best time of the year cause you won’t find many people looking in creeks when it’s 32 degrees give or take. Summer comes and everyone and his brother is out looking. I’m waiting on some fields to get turned then I’m out again. So I do work around the house until that comes.
I didn’t even factor the weather into it, you are absolutely correct.
There are more Indian artifacts posted here than any other sub forum.

Traffic on all forums is down, not just TreasureNet, It is the curse of Facebook, lot of artifact pages full of junk. I do not post on FB artifact pages, too many people arguing their mother nature made rocks as real artifacts or their "potable" art rocks are actually real.

I prefer to be where true infian artfact experts are, we have some really knowledgeable artifact people here, over 3,000 years of true collecting experience.
Yeah, I’ve always refused to be a part of the Facebook machine. We live in a very remote area and we’ve often regretted not having it because we miss out on nearly every local event or happening as they only ever get advertised on FB. The Format of message boards is so much better. Easier to navigate, search and use anyway. They are also like old libraries of information; whereas all of that info posted to places like FB and Instagram get’s lost to time.

OP
OP
G

gettothepoints

Apr 29, 2022
PA
Welcome new here.

How many Native artifacts do you post a month? And should others post more or less than you?
Active by advertising by posting isn't anywhere near being active in the field.
That said ; plenty of posts exist.
Post count also doesn't mean more posts elsewhere containing rocks described by certain finders as being actual relics are actual relics. A contention that make certain other sites suck .
Good point, I trust this site more than any other I have seen for sure. I don’t post anything here yet because I have yet to find a NA Indian artifact. Not for my lack of trying! I thought I had a scraper the other day but turned out to be just a rock.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you need to find a "spot".... then you will find things.... a "spot" is a place that makes sense to live at or hunt at.... think like a native would....where are the resources, where is reliable fresh water.... where is it safe....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point, I trust this site more than any other I have seen for sure. I don’t post anything here yet because I have yet to find a NA Indian artifact. Not for my lack of trying! I thought I had a scraper the other day but turned out to be just a rock.
Remember, they camped close to where there were sources of fresh water, woods for food and firewood, and if in the north, hills or something for protection from winter winds.

OP
OP
G

gettothepoints

Apr 29, 2022
PA
They say the “spot” is hard to find. You can get close sometimes, but no matter how much you circle around and circle around you still can’t really find it. I usually hate these types of jokes but I was really cracking myself up here. You are absoutely correct though, and I’ve been trying to think about it like this more lately. Water and food would be plenty anywhere here for at least the last few hundred years, I need to learn more about ancient history though.

I have a point that I purchased that was found in my area and it’s a Lamoka spike point that dates to 5,000+ years ago. There were a lot of NA Indians in this area more recently as well. I just need to put more time in.

OP
OP
G

gettothepoints

Apr 29, 2022
PA
Remember, they camped close to where there were sources of fresh water, woods for food and firewood, and if in the north, hills or something for protection from winter winds.
We have all of that here in our backyard and I know they were here. I know I am close. I know more recently we have all of that anyway, I need to do more research on what this area would have looked like 5-10K years ago I suppose. Though I’d be just as happy finding a much more recent artifact!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I lived in Ohio I would search along rivers in plowed fields. If a creek flowed into the river I would travel up it a couple of bends then start searching in earnest. An old collector told me the NA's like to camp/have villages aways from the bigger rivers for safety & convenience. Made sense, and I found a lot over the years. Of course now very little plowing is done.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally took a picture of an inherited artifact from a former family farm.
Darned if I don't have a picture! Apparently I failed. Someday I'll get it right.
There is a paper picture of it in a box somewhere too where Dad had someone else age it.
Probably far from the box it's in near the computer..But they need to go together.( Three items.)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the mods here keep it clean of trash talk which is nice, and direct the rock art folk over to their own forum, which keeps us pretty much left with serious folk.

Mortenson

Jun 11, 2020
Illinois
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fault of mine is that I mostly only come into this forum during the spring. That's our "arrowhead season." I need to stop by a lot more frequently, as it's a nice place with true experts. We (my kids are still pretty young) get busy with other hobbies such as fishing, gardening, habitat, hunting, etc... so we just kinda drift away until we start finding things again and our minds get back on artifacts.

We have a decent farm where we found a variety of points spanning thousands of years. We run a shallow chisel plow in the fall, which runs maybe 8" tops and twists/mixes the soil a little. Really tempted to moldboard plow a few areas. Our frustration is that we have a good stone bottom creek and we've found zero points in it so far. Even tried sifting a few times, but totaling only a few hours. Maybe that's not enough time. But I think we haven't found the right spot in the creek, if it exists. Not faulting anyone, but I think some of the experts here are so good that maybe they intimidate less knowledgeable posters. It's probably both good and bad that they want people to do the research, the "help me help you mentality", and up their game diving in head first. I like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread