Dog Tax #2

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I always wondered if I'd find another dog tax tag, since the first back in 2012. I'll have to get you a pic of that. Well, I did find another (1981) but not near as old as the first (1930). This one even has a name on it, but I am unsure if it's the owner's surname or the animal's name...I venture to guess it was the animal's name...any ideas? I hate to say it, but I'm sure it's long gone by now...but I just wonder if the owners are still around. Maybe the dog ran off and never came back...could be some closure for someone, you never know. I'll have to call about 200,000 people to find out if they had a dog named Ellsworth back in 1981, who may have lost a tax tag in this certain park. Yeah right. But, that is a somewhat rare name for an animal, I would think.

The flashlight, cool. I'll get some batteries in it and see if the LED still works.

Lastly, the park I was detecting I had hit once years ago but not very well, so I figured I'd see if anything was there...not really too much, but I'll try again when conditions are a little different. This park is small, chartered in as early as 1920, so I just need to find where the people would have spent their time. It's next to a creek too. After I got tired of finding trash, I decided to stroll the banks for relics and rocks. Found a ceramic insulator with a long piece of copper wire wrapped around it. Then, I noticed some garbage, like you would have in your car...strewn about the sand and rocks. I found someone's mail. One of the envelopes was torn open and there was a check in there...I was like whoa...someone's payment didn't make it. There was a bank receipt and a sealed envelope destined for a utility company, stamped and all. The mail looked like it had been there for awhile, as it was crumpled and dirty...but how it left it's owner is the question. Ransacked house or car?? I am going to see if the person still lives in the same residence and return it to them. How should I go about this? Just mail it anonymously or call the person? I don't want to freak them out or anything.

That's it I guess. On to another adventure.

Attachments

• IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 2

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was your red finds day. Cool dog tag and flashlight. I like finding stuff that is usable.
Maybe you could contact the local vets they may still have records of vaccinated dogs and know what became of the dog.

The mail sounds like a it may have been in a car ready to mail. If you feel comfortable contacting the owners of the mail do it, if not turn it over to the area PD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions