- Joined
- Apr 24, 2010
- Messages
- 13,022
- Reaction score
- 28,184
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upper Canada 🇨🇦
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
I've driven by this site for years and decided I needed to investigate it on Sunday morning. It's located on the top of a rise in the middle of a farm field. Once on site I immediately noticed large pottery, glass and sealer jar fragments, so I turned on the detector and started to hunt the field surrounding the house site. The grass on the site was almost knee high which made getting the detector close to the ground difficult, so the finds here were minimal. Most of the interesting stuff was found in the field, the old relics I found in the long grass were the overalls button and the pocket watch part. I'll definitely have to come back next spring before the grass pops up!
The finds aren't much to look at but are interesting just the same!
Thanks for looking,
Dave
Attachments
-
20150515_114617_resized.webp39.2 KB · Views: 160 -
20150515_112934_resized.webp54.6 KB · Views: 143 -
20150515_112401_resized.webp52 KB · Views: 130 -
20150515_101848_resized.webp88.3 KB · Views: 140 -
20150515_101931_resized.webp38.8 KB · Views: 144 -
20150517_172237_resized.webp41.5 KB · Views: 142 -
20150515_100713_resized.webp92.4 KB · Views: 146 -
20150512_140306_resized.webp54.2 KB · Views: 140 -
20150512_140251_resized.webp46.7 KB · Views: 134 -
20150517_172502_resized.webp38.5 KB · Views: 144 -
20150517_172649_resized.webp37.8 KB · Views: 148 -
20150517_172919_resized.webp38.6 KB · Views: 136 -
20150517_173033_resized-crop.webp62 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Upvote
36
Nice selection of buckles as well. The site looks like a return visit when the grasses die off once again. Good to see you managed to get out on the weekend Dave.








