Doing the silver dance again!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Back to the church today- same area produced .62 clad, mostly pennies and few nickels.. 1935 Washington, four weaties 1919-1957 a little piece of float copper, and a ring... Ring isn't so tarnished as the scan makes it look... mark inside is the letter U with an arrow going through it to the left followed by the number 5. Anybody know what that is? I'm sure it's not gold but maybe gold plated??? Like I said it didn't scan well. Sooo.... I'm doing the happy silver dance again!! ;D ;D

Then the grounds keeper comes out.... says "did you ever detect that brick building across the street?" No, why? "Well, it served as the hospital before the new one was built and before that it served as the post office." Really?? How long ago? "I think it was the post office in the 1920's and 30's" Wow, thanks! So I called the owner and am waiting to get a call back (he was out) to see if I have permission to hit it tomorrow! Good day! ;D

Attachments

• 876.jpg
    876.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 0
Hi Cannonman.......

Nice early washington quarter. I have a sterling ring with the same hallmark and was unable to find out who it belonged to....so good luck finding out. If you figure it out, please post the info.

Continued luck....

Wyatt

Congrats on those finds! And good luck at the post office too!!

Nana ;)

Nice coins. I've seen that ring mark somewhere else on here. I've also recalled seeing it on rings at a local convenience store counter.

Nice coins,

Silver is always great to find.

Gotta be some nickles and indians around somewhere.

HH Jer

Got that phone call back.. I have permission to hit the brick building across the street that once served as the hospital and before that the post office... can't wait....

That's a great lead...hope to see some great finds if you get permission!

Well, got permission and went... back yard is not a parking lot, front yard is about six square feet and the one side yard had top soil removed and gravel filled- Very small area to hunt but I hit it hard and am proud to say I can do the silver dance for the third time in a row.

Attachments

• 886.jpg
    886.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 245
Sweet finds!!! Congrats on the old quarter and the ring and the wheats!
HH

-CC

bomber, I'm right in the middle of Wisconsin, Central I guess you would say- between wi dells and wi rapids

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back