Dollar Hill Civil war treasure

rolandslone

Nov 7, 2014
Halifax, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Clarksville, TN … I have been doing a little research about the about the buried payroll that was buried near Clarksburg, TN on Dollar Hill that is very close to the city. if you look it up it tells you a lot about it. I have read that 2 soldiers buried the payroll about 200 ft from the camp and I also read that someone was watching them buried it. Speculation is that the person who was watching MIGHT have taken it??? The soldiers that buried it died at the crossroad battle. Any thoughts?? I pretty sure that they would have used some kind of land mark??

OP
OP
R

rolandslone

Nov 7, 2014
Halifax, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to go down there and see what's going on. probably has a sign to where it was

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never heard of Dollar Hill, but there was a small battle west of Clarksville on Riggins Hill. This was right after the Union took Ft. Donelson. Gary

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in Clarksville, TN … I have been doing a little research about the about the buried payroll that was buried near Clarksburg, TN on Dollar Hill that is very close to the city. if you look it up it tells you a lot about it. I have read that 2 soldiers buried the payroll about 200 ft from the camp and I also read that someone was watching them buried it. Speculation is that the person who was watching MIGHT have taken it??? The soldiers that buried it died at the crossroad battle. Any thoughts?? I pretty sure that they would have used some kind of land mark??

"I Genus Cartorus (aka the Common Cuckoo) found the kettle. I'm currently writing the book on the Dollar Hill treasure. I know who all 3 men were....the man that returned was not one of the 3 men...he got info from a dying man."

"This kettle is REALLY the cache. It dates BEFORE the civil war. It took me 3 years working day and nite...that's what treasure fever does to you. Indeed I did find it. All the photos will be in my book that I'm still writing."

Attachments

• little porcelain teapot.jpg
    little porcelain teapot.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh no.. I am getting two stories confused .. :laughing7:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad, I am always confuse. I wish all who are seeking this treasure, good hunting and good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be a blast to look for it

Sep 24, 2019
Clarksville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT, and White's back in the day
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Same here, I've lived in Clarksville since '98 with a short break for college between '08-12. I just recently got into researching the CW around Clarksville as I'm beginning to see more and more evidence of movements/activity not just around Ft Defiance-Fort Donelson route but along the northern area towards Guthrie. I'm actually wanting to see about finding Camp Burnett that is referred in a few journals/letters to be near Camp Boone just inside the TN border. Unfortunately, the archives are terribly organized and difficult to navigate but who knows what will come of it. I read somewhere about Dollar Hill and will see if I can find the information for you again. I am aware of the rumor as well and I would believe the person who witnessed it being buried would have dug it back up!

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you were hiding something it wouldn’t be too smart to have someone watch you do it. Could the watcher have been an officer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread