Donating pull tabs

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good gesture to be sure.

It would be more effective to write a check directly to Ronald McDonald House than pay the postage on the tabs. They get about $366/million pull tabs (650 pounds).

If we all mailed our zinc cents, however that same 1,000,000 would get them $10,000.

OP
OP
daemon1971

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
That's true Charlie P , shipping would totally defeat the purpose. They have a lot of offices that the donations could be dropped at . As far as them not being worth much , I was thinking since we clean up what we dig anyway , there really isn't much more effort in keeping them and recycling them opposed to throwing them out. I agree , writing a check in the amount of our zincs would prolly bring in more money, but a lot of people don't like to part with their found money . I'm willing to add my zincs to the donation. This whole idea may not work for everyone , but with the amount detectorists there are and the amount of pull tabs we dig on a daily basis , it would make a difference, in our parks and hunting grounds if nothing else.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our local detecting club donates both tabs and zincs to them, and has for years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread