Done with Brinks

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
This time I am officially done with Brinks. Before I went on my trip I got 4 boxes- one had a few in it, other 3 had zilcho. The branch closest I run my business out of has a teller that thinks its wrong for them to order boxes of anything for me- so anyways every month I will take the time to go in and make a deposit and order two boxes (not from her- but her face still gets all distorted haha). Takes a week to get them as they get coin once a week- yesterday was the day. First box was good (for them) with a Ben and 3 40%ers- second box zilcho. Like they have multiple pallets and no matter how many ordered you get one good and rest bad. Guess I won't be able to give that teller fits anymore- maybe I should order pennies once a month LOL.

My dump banks coin counters are giving me fits- seems half of the branches ones are broke down and they rotate- maybe I am working them too hard. May have to switch and use my business banks for dump into Brinks since they got nothin good anyways. Right now I have (3) bags of halves with $500+ per and nothing to sort cause I didn't want to order and not have cash. Today I ordered $1000 from 3 different branches of CU- all be here Friday hopefully, one will have to be picked up Sat. Got one branch set to have 2 boxes every Monday, haven't got to approach the other 2 yet- plan to Friday. Met the tax man this AM and have to search with my money 'fore I have to send it all to them- come on SILVER. HH all Mark

Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh. I have been dumping about 7 grand a week into banks that use brinks...sorry! that may be why they are coming up with out much.

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
No worries Dave. I been dealin with marked coins from them since I started, I didn't mind as I was finding some silver. Then things started gettin peculiar, like rolls entirely marked and a silver in the middle. One box I had every 6th or 7th roll like clockwork would have one- like someone was sitting there with a bucket of silver and every so often tossing one in the hopper. Someone else commented the same thing awhile back- but I was averaging 5 a box, sometimes that meant 10 and a skunk. Before my trip I got 4 boxes from them, yep almost 20 in the one and 3 skunks. I have gotten crappy Fed boxes too but it hasn't seemed to be manipulated- just feel there is a better chance with them. HH, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread