Dont Laugh....$0 Homemade Hillbilly Sluice Box

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
Re: Don't Laugh....$0 Homemade Hillbilly Sluice Box

Looks good Cam :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: All I can see is you really need something like terry cloth under the miners moss to make sure the 100- doesn't escape from under the moss. I use a box similar to yours, but is 5 feet long and I use it to feed into my 52 inch sliuce. I don't loose much with this double setup.

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a

Hey Camino, have you had a chance to run this yet? Its such a cool looking piece of equipment, would only be better with a pan full of gold next to it :icon_thumright:

-Lance

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well after classifying some good material, I want a durn good sluice to run it thru. I'm not crazy about the thick riffles, and I'm not sure how easy its gonna be to take apart for clean up of the concertrates. And, its gonna float as will metal sluices, so those thins wooden walls need to be strong to hld several heavy rocks across one side to the other. Have u used it yet?

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice box looks alot lighter than mine does lol. Mine weighs in about 35 lbs it is just a design for now.. keep us up to date on the gold... :icon_thumright:

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

greydigger said:
Keeping in mind the cost factor -
for waterproofing how about some used motor oil as a stain/varnish/sealer?

Grey

I'd bet that if you applied oil of any kind that it would allow your gold too float and you'd lose it all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread