Dont people ever look down? *L* Found earlier this year.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't people ever look down? *L* Found earlier this year.

was at a site where they were tearing stuff out of a old house and tossing into a large dumpster. When they removed the dumpster, I walked over to where the dumpster had sat.
There in plain sight, sitting right on the surface on packed hard dirt - was this ragtag standing Liberty Qtr. with no date. I guess people just don't look down unless they are TH'ers. *L*
Not much but my 25 cents until my next good find. HH!

pics deleted by O7

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now I'm curious - can only Charter members see this post? That's not what I intended if so.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
now I'm curious - can only Charter members see this post? That's not what I intended if so.

Yup

Don't people ever look down?

No,most people are just unobservant idiots with no knowledge in my opinion,basically lemmings.their only thought is to look straight ahead and observe nothing.Next time youre driving down the street take a good look,their eyes are glued straight ahead even at red lights.Even the idiots that toss the stuff into dumpsters during clean outs.I have worked on foreclosed houses during the cleanouts.I made more money pulling stuff that was tossed than the job payed me.keep tossing that stuff morons,I love it.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup

No,most people are just unobservant idiots with no knowledge in my opinion,basically lemmings.their only thought is to look straight ahead and observe nothing.Next time youre driving down the street take a good look,their eyes are glued straight ahead even at red lights.Even the idiots that toss the stuff into dumpsters during clean outs.I have worked on foreclosed houses during the cleanouts.I made more money pulling stuff that was tossed than the job payed me.keep tossing that stuff morons,I love it.

oh ok I didn't want it to be C.Member private. Thanks.
Yeah I have found brass Tiffany lamps sitting out at the curb waiting for the trash guy after a 'all contents' auction to public on-site etc. Ya can't fix stupid! LOL

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lead crystal wine goblets wrapped in brown paper that had gotten wet and made them look crappy, and a very old purse with old coins in it - all from same trash heap. Terrible when you're in a hurry and only see the big ticket items of value.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive found a sterling sugar bowl,a sterling cream pitcher,post war mid 50s electric trains still in the original boxes (excellent condition),post war trains out of boxes,computers,2 small bronze statues of griffins,broken sterling jewelry,a 14K wedding ring,hand blown 1 gallon apothecary bottle complete with the glass stopper,stereo preamp,CD changer,receiver,dual cassette deck good equipment not garbage,wrenches,snap on ratchet and sockets,a package of very small metal files for very intricate work in tight places etc,the list could go on:laughing9:got to love idiots.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I refuse to be a charter member and I can see the post.

Nice find by the way. Always pays to keep looking!

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean there is a whole other world here at TN that most of us don't see?

You cannot see any post made in Charter Member only forum. That is correct.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I refuse to be a charter member and I can see the post.

Nice find by the way. Always pays to keep looking!

yes you can now but only because I requested Jeff move to General Discussion Forum as I didn't realize that was an exclusive post area
where only Charter Members can view. If you look at that area above 'recent finds photos' - you'll see exactly what Forum a post comes from
on this site. thanks!

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Standing Liberty quarters are my favorite coin, bar none.

When I was about 11, my dad was at a warehouse auction and I was running around with a couple other boys that were there. We found a ditch that had been dug to lay a water line, and were soon using it to hide in and throw rocks at each other. I bent down to pick up a rock, and found my first SLQ.

I still have that quarter, and I've been looking at the ground ever since ;)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
two years ago at a big shopping mall with a big sale going on, I was making my way out through the on coming horde of shoppers when up ahead I spotted something on the pavement. People were stepping all over it and I am seeing green, wondering if someone would beat me to it. As I bend over to pick it up, I see $100 and immediately think "Gag bill" the kind that unfolds into something else but as I grab it, I am thinking, the paper looks right so I walk to my truck and get in. My heart races as I check it out, it is a real $100 bill, a 1st for me, have found several $20,$10, $5 and lots of $1 besides everything else. I pick up pennies and everything of value, have since as a boy, I looked for arrowheads and such to trade for shells to hunt with. But that is an awesome find for sure!

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife use to laugh at me for looking at the ground. Now, when she is out with friends, she gets laughed at, and she tells them what I told her " you can't find things if you don't look ". P.S. she found a nice emerald ring that way.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife use to laugh at me for looking at the ground. Now, when she is out with friends, she gets laughed at, and she tells them what I told her " you can't find things if you don't look ". P.S. she found a nice emerald ring that way.

well TH'ers seem to do this naturally but anybody can learn that it pays to look down at the ground etc. Emerald ring - well worth it! :)

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always good to go look outside a local bar after saint pattys day or any other get hammered type of holiday. People are drunk reach in their pocket then money falls out. My old house use to be by a bar. Once a year the whole town wet there to get smashed. Well the morning after you'd find a couple bills that got caught it the tall grass

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread