What's new

Dont want to strain your eyes looking at a box of dimes? Try the sound test...

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want to strain your eyes looking at a box of dimes? Try the sound test...

Silver has a distinct sound and when shaken with clad, it can easily be heard. Before I even started treasure hunting, I remember finding a 1940 quarter in my pocket because it sounded different.

I tested this theory the other day and it worked like a charm. What I did was bought 2 rolls of dimes, checked them for silver and found none. Then put all 100 dimes and one silver dime from my collection, in a bowl, and mixed them up. Eyes closed, I pulled out handfulls and shook them, and 20 out of 20 attempts, I was able to find the silver dime by the sound.

SO, for those of you who aren't worried about finding error coins or key date clad, and don't want the strain of looking for tiny dates or rims, try the sound test.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom